Job title: Secondary Head Teacher
Reports to: Education Project Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise and provide technical support and guidance to the staff.
• Be the secretary to both PTA and BOG
• Ensure discipline in the school under teacher’s code of conduct and relevant WIU/UNHCR policies.
• Carryout continuous assessment and evaluation of teacher’s performance
• Ensure that there is continuous assessment of learners
• Promote quality teaching and safe learning environment for learners
• Coordinate with the District Education Office and Windle International Uganda field office.
• Keep records and manage all the data of the school
• Conduct regular meetings with teachers
• Mobilization/sensitization of the community on Education
• Carry out continuous assessment and evaluation of performance of learners
• Participate in Child Safeguarding activities in the course of your teaching responsibilities as guided
• Be the accounting officer of the school.
• Guide and counsel learners.
• Responsible for the day to day administration of the school
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Education (Masters or Post Graduate Diploma is an added advantage)
• Applicants must be registered with Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES)
• Exhibit high level of professionalism and integrity.
• Should have held a position of leadership in a school for at least two years.
• Applicants should be highly motivated individuals willing to work in a refugee settlement.
• Letter of recommendation detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC authority or RWC professional documents, photocopy of national ID or refugee attestation, and three professional referees.
All interested applicants should submit their applications including photocopies of all their academic and professional documents, photocopy of national ID or refugee attestation, Letter of recommendation detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC authority or RWC and the contact details of three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda
Palabek Refugee Settlement
All Applications should be hand delivered to Windle International Uganda, Palabek Refugee settlement in Palabek kal during working hours (8:00 am- 5:00 pm; EVERY day of the week).
Closing Date: All applications should be received not later than Tuesday, 02nd May 2023 by 5pm.