Job Title: IT Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: IT Manager
Karpolax is a company offering innovative solutions for Fruit and Vegetable preservation increasing the shelf life. Not only are we a discovery house, we are also a source for preservation technologies to be used by all the agricultural sector value chain actors.
Job Summary: The IT Officer will be responsible for managing the company’s IT infrastructure and systems to ensure that they are reliable, secure, and meet the needs of the business. They will work closely with the IT Manager to maintain and improve the company’s IT systems and provide technical support to staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and troubleshoot the company’s hardware and software systems, including servers, workstations, and networking equipment
- Monitor and maintain the company’s IT security, including firewalls, antivirus, and intrusion detection systems
- Manage the company’s email and communication systems, including email servers and phone systems
- Manage the company’s data storage and backup systems
- Provide technical support to staff, including software installations, troubleshooting, and training
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures to ensure that the company’s IT systems are secure and meet industry standards
- Research and recommend new technologies and software to improve the company’s IT systems and processes
- Develop and maintain documentation of the company’s IT systems and processes
- Maintain an inventory of IT equipment and software licenses
- Work with external vendors to purchase and install new IT equipment and software as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in IT support, preferably in the food processing industry
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and networking
- Familiarity with email servers, backup systems, and security protocols
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours to resolve IT issues
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with ERP systems and database management is a plus.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters, updated CVs via email to email@example.com with the Email Ref as JOB APPLICATION: POSITION.
Deadline: 5th May 2023 (Preference will be given to early applicants)