Job Title: Analyst
Organisation: Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance.
Job Summary: CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent technical and analytical capabilities. The Analyst will be based in Kampala and will play a role in strengthening data analytics competence within designated programs of the CHAI Uganda office. The candidate will report to a Senior Associate and will be expected to rapidly learn key technical content and understand the technical resources available for the program assigned to support achievement of intended goals. The Analyst must be must be open-minded, observant, demonstrate resilience, able to function independently, flexibly and have strong commitment to excellence. CHAI Uganda places great value on personal qualities including resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, and a strong work ethic.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support to the designated CHAI Uganda programs to improve the efficiency and performance of programs
- Work closely with M and E and supply-chain leads to plan, design, and implement assessment tools to drive evidence-based decision making and monitoring of key program indicators
- Conduct quality control and manipulation of data including DHIS2 data extraction & analysis, merging, managing, and updating data; generating standard reports; performing data quality reviews; data editing/cleaning; and resolving data quality problems.
- Provide technical assistance to government counterparts in commodity quantification and forecasting, supply-chain planning
- Support the development of innovative approaches and tools for data visualization to inform execution within designated programs
- Provide general support to the project including, preparation & review of draft power Point/Word documents, drafting analysis reports, thought partnership/ brain storming, Coordination, operational & logistic support
- Support the identification of risks and challenges within designated program, analysing possible solutions, and providing guidance on the best course of action using thoroughly researched evidence, aligning with CHAI values and principles and ensuring wide consultation
- Serve as a resource for program staff to discuss their programmatic work and identify potential data sources and analytic strategies to inform their work
- Contribute to creation and sharing of knowledge by synthesizing and documenting findings and lessons learned, success stories and best practices, strategies, and approaches of the project.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervision.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in health-related or quantitative discipline
- At least two years of relevant experience in consulting, research or related field in a result driven enterprise
- Strong analytical (quantitative and qualitative) skills
- High level technical proficiency in MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS word
- Experience working in the laboratory sub-sector in Uganda or other similar settings
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analytical tasks with limited errors and high-quality outputs
- Ability to perform routine tasks independently
- Ability to think creatively, handle ambiguity, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently
- Ability to learn on the job quickly and absorb/synthesize a broad range of information
- Strong work ethic and flexibility
- Strong diplomacy and interpersonal skills; demonstrated capacity to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment and ability to be influential with limited authority
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications online at the link below