Job Title: EVD Response Team Lead – KCCA
Organisation: FHI 360
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FHI 360 is an international non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Job Summary: The EVD response lead will closely work with the KCCA incident management team and other Implementing partners in the EVD response. Under stewardship of the Program Implementation manager for Kampala, The EVD response lead will steer the implementation of the USAID MCHN’s support of the KCCA post EVD recovery plan. MCHN aims to continue building capacity for private health providers during the post EVD recovery period. The lead will also play a managerial and supervisory role for the EVD locums engaged at division and cluster levels to ensure timeliness and effectiveness of delivery of IPC interventions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, supervise, and manage program officers and field teams.
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to the EVD post recovery field teams.
- Coordinate, create linkages and work closely with KCCA and other partners supporting the 180-day post Ebola recovery plan in Kampala city through participation of regular IPC pillar meetings at national and subnational levels.
- In collaboration with KCCA and other partners, assist in the implementation of post recovery workplan activities to completion.
- Compile weekly EVD reports.
- Convene regular internal EVD meetings and drive actions from such meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery with MPH in Epidemiology
- At least ten years of experience in supporting public health programs within Uganda and at international level.
- Experience in response to epidemics working with multiple partners in public and private sectors will be of added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Ugandan health system structure with experience working with local government and city authorities
- Ability to work with and understand health data and health management information systems, including presentation of data in creative ways.
- Experience in managing and supervision large teams of individuals.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have deliverables on time.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified individuals should submit their applications with CV, and copies of Academic Certificates to: Uganda.firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title “EVD Response Team Lead – KCCA” in the subject line. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th May 2023