Key Result Areas
• To be the Chief Executive of the Corporation, responsible for its day to day operations, and to ensure that the corporation operates profitably and ethically to fulfil the objectives laid out on the UPPC Act.
• To oversee the operations of the corporation in the formulation and implementation of business strategy and plans. Liaise with the heads of departments (SMT) to develop annual operational plans to guide in achieving its set objectives and ensure business growth.
• Lead, integrate and motivate SMT to ensure the delivery of high-quality services, take responsibility and be accountable for all internal aspects of business, overseeing, forecasting, and managing all capacity and resources issues to ensure that the corporation achieves its targets for quality and financial targets.
• Liaise with all departments to ensure that all departments have resources and policies needed to deliver their business objectives.
• Provide regular updates to the Board of Directors and relevant stakeholders on the Corporation’s operations and progress.
• Provide overall direction, development, and growth of the corporation as a member of the board taking lead in devising and writing the corporation’s strategic plan.
• Monitor delivery continuously, evaluate and endeavor to improve the corporation’s performance in all aspects. Provide regular, high quality, accurate and timely management information, reports, and analysis.
• Oversee the Corporation’s capitalization strategy and ensure that hardware and software requirements are met and maintained in a timely and proper manner.
• Coordinate, monitor and supervise all activities in the UPPC and ensure performance management, evaluation, and control.
• Liaise with the Ministry of Finance, Planning, and Economic Development (Privatization Unit), Office of the President, insurers, auditors and tax authorities to ensure that the corporation meets its corporate, statutory and fiscal obligations.
• Ensure that fiscal and management accounting reports are submitted on a quarterly basis.
• Undertake other such reasonable duties as required by the Board of Directors and stakeholders.
• Masters’ degree in any of the following fields: Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Economics or other related field;
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines, Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Law, Journalism ICT, and Printing and Design
• Must have a professional qualification
• Membership to a professional body shall be an added advantage
• specification. At least 8 years working experience in a senior management position in a reputable organization Experience in the printing and publishing industry shall be an added advantage
• A mature leader, excellent communication skills, self-starter, a good team builder with ability to manage and motivate staff and resolve conflict.
• Integrity and high standard of personal conduct.
• Experience of managing training and supporting staff and handing over responsibilities.
• Available to immediate appointment and deployment
Persons who meet the requisite specifications must submit their applications, certified academic documents and Curriculum Vitae at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday May 30, 2023.