Organisation: Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda. The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
Job Summary: The Head Refinery Development will direct refinery technology, engineering, and project developments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and provide input in all key FEED documents for the refinery project.
- Assure HSE compliance during design, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) and operations.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s engineering codes and standards – international and local.
- Participate in the negotiation of key refinery agreements including but not limited to the Implementation Agreement, Crude Oil Supply Agreement, Product Offtake Agreements, Shareholder Agreements and EPC Agreements.
- Implement UNOC’s National Content plan in project execution.
- Define and monitor Key Performance Indicators for Refinery and Engineering operations.
- Direct facility budgeting, revenue, and cost reporting, as well as audits.
- Identify, develop, and implement business process systems, including project execution procedures.
- Prepare and maintain the risk management framework for the Refinery operations.
- Ensure regulatory approval of all facilities and operations, as appropriate.
- Manage Stakeholder engagements – local communities, cultural institutions, GoU Ministries, Department and Agencies, International Oil Companies, Investors, the public.
- Identify business development and investment opportunities for URHC – Petrochemicals, industrial gases, and fertilizers.
- Ensure proper interface management with EACOP, multiproduct pipeline, Upstream, EACOP, Kampala Storage Terminal (KST), Airport, Petrochemicals and Industrial Gases, Fertilizers, among others.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the refinery and engineering team.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in engineering, or Business Administration or other relevant Master’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree (Honours) in Chemical, Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Applied Science or other relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- A post graduate qualification in project management would be an added advantage.
- At least ten years’ experience in (a) oil and gas corporate entity(ies) of high repute, at least five years of which should be at a mid-level leadership position.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the context of refinery or petrochemical operations or refinery or petrcochemical EPC is mandatory.
- Possess excellent leadership and team building skills.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills, having the ability to analyse, refine, summarize, and clearly present data and information.
- Ability to design suitable business processes to assure sustainable operations.
- Possession of excellent judgement and integrity.
- Strategic and tactical thinker.
- High degree of professionalism and maintenance of confidentiality.
- Be commercially astute and possess sound negotiation skills.
- Stakeholder management and institutional building skills will be vital in working with leaders in government, investors, and partners.
- Excellent communication and personnel management skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join UNOC should send their applications online at the link below.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma certificates.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to email@example.com
Deadline: 16th June 2023 by 11:59pm.