Job Title: Assistant Procurement Officer (APO)
Organisation: Ministry of Water and Environment
Project Name: Farm Income Enhancement And Forestry Conservation Programme Project 3 (FIEFOC 3)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
The Government of Uganda (GoU) represented by the Ministry of Water and Environment has received financing from the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) to implement the Farm Income Enhancement and Forestry Conservation (FIEFOC) Programme (Project 3): Irrigation Schemes Development Project in Unyama, Namalu, and Sipi regions. The project specific objective is to improve household incomes, food security, and climate resilience through sustainable natural resources management and agricultural enterprise development.
Job Summary: The Assistant Procurement Officer (APO) will primarily support the preparation and implementation of the Procurement Plan (PP) in conformity with GoU, IsDB, and BADEA Procurement guidelines; and in liaison with the Procurement and Disposal Unit (PDU). The APO shall support the project technical personnel in all procurement-related processes to ensure that all procurements are carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation and implementation of the Procurement Plan and ensure that all the Project procurements for goods, services, and works under the project are properly planned for and procured in accordance with the applicable Government of Uganda and Donor Procedures at all stages of the procurement process.
- Support the management of the issuance, receipt and opening of bids and proposals, including managing pre bid meetings and conferences where necessary.
- Assist in the initiation and preparation of procurement documents (EOls, SPNs, bidding documents, RFPs, evaluation reports and contracts) and coordinate with members of the Project Components, User departments, Procurement and Disposal Unit (PDU) and Contracts Committee of the Ministry; and other stakeholders and ensure timely procurements.
- Assist in Maintenance of complete procurement files and records including all correspondence related to procurement activities
- Assist in preparation of Periodic Status Reports on the procurement of works, goods and services under the project
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Procurement Officer or National Project Coordinator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Commerce, Law or related fields from a recognized university;
- Postgraduate qualification in either Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business management OR Professional Qualification such as CIPS;
- A minimum of three years of experience in public procurement with the multilateral agencies like Islamic Development Bank, BADEA, African Development Bank, or World Bank financed projects is required;
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, Power Point. Experience in use of an integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) and Electronic Procurement will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All applications must be accompanied with recent CVs detailing work experience, present position, current remuneration, professional and educational qualifications. Applicants must also include contact details (telephone and email) of three (3) referees.
Applications should be physically delivered to the address;
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Water and Environment,
P.O Box 20026
Plot 3-7 Kabalega Crescent, Off Old Portbell Road, Luzira, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 13th June, 2023