Job Title: Quality Analyst
Organisation: Diageo (Uganda Breweries Limited)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Quality Manager
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Uganda Breweries Limited is a subsidiary of East African Breweries Limited (EABL), the region’s leading beverage Alcohol Company in which Diageo is a majority shareholder. Uganda Breweries Limited is Uganda’s leading premium adult beverage company that focuses on the development of great brands and forward-thinking people.
Job Summary: This role ensures that the beer/spirit produced at UBL is of exceptional quality. Works with the primary goals of enhancing operations, improving product quality, improving customer satisfaction levels, reducing costs (e.g. reworks) and also helps to ensure that food safety standards are adhered to and maintained.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to analytical sampling plans ensuring 100% coverage.
- Production of timely, accurate, reliable results and reports, and ensure closure of process non-conformances by engaging relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure analytical lab performance KPIs are met.
- Generate statistical process control charts, supervise and advise any process deviations to ensure product consistence.
- Validate the performance of measuring systems critical to quality within the process to ensure product safety and meet regulatory requirements
- Ensure sensory evaluation is conducted for in process and finished product to guarantee product quality.
- Participate in Best Practices as prescribed by MANEX team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a BSc preferably in food science and technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry, or microbiology.
- Two to three years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Quality, Safety and Environmental Management systems.
- Working Knowledge in Microbiology/ hygiene, Brewing and Packaging process.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should apply at the link below.