Job Title: Drilling and Completions Engineer Specialist
Organisation: Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda. The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
Job Summary: The Drilling and Completions Engineer Specialist will draft drilling plans and support their execution through provision of engineering advise and updating well designs and execution plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the preparation of AFE’s for planned work, review invoices and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Develop and provide timely and well cost data for Exploration Projects.
- Appraise and develop well designs according to internally approved processes.
- Review and advise on drilling and completions work programs and reports for Joint Venture operations and participate in partner meetings if required.
- Identify all the risks for each well design, throughout the Well Delivery Process (WDP) and prepare a risk register.
- Identify lesson learnt from nearby wells, evaluate, and carry out studies for offshore and onshore drilling campaigns.
- Explore and recommend new well designs and technology applications, providing associated risk and economic analyses; implementing where appropriate.
- Supervise monitoring of non-operated drilling and wells operations
- Collaborate with the Joint Venture Partners to ensure that operations are conducted in compliance with industry regulations, UNOC Policies and Standards.
- Supervise the designing of well trajectories, completions, and perforations.
- Prepare drilling and completions work programs and budgets for Company operations.
- Lead the preparation of drilling, completions, and fluid programs.
- Supervise and maintain records of drilling and completions operations.
- Recommend the need for change within the D&C program, operation or contract system and initiate the Management of Change (MOC) process for any deviations.
- Prepare the technical specifications for drilling and completions equipment and other related services required for the Company’s field development operations.
- Prepare Tender Plan and Invitation to Tender and other Bid Documents, conduct Technical and Commercial evaluations of tenders for D&C, and support preparation of Award Recommendation.
- Lead verification and inspections of the provision of materials and equipment for drilling operation and ensure all requirements, and conditions are met.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Science degree (Hons) in Drilling, Petroleum, Structural, Mechanical, electrical or Manufacturing /Production Engineering.
- Minimum of six years of relevant experience.
- Candidates must be well versed in all aspects of completion and workover design and operations.
- Drilling experience is an essential requirement.
- Familiar with policies, guidelines, and procedures related to Drilling & Completions.
- Proficient in using well design & Completions software (e.g., Landmark software), Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint must be demonstrated.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join UNOC should send their applications online at the link below.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma certificates.
- Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16th June 2023 by 11:59pm.