Job Title: Livelihood Assistant (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: World Vision International
Duty Station: Adjumani, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Livelihood Assistant will implement day to day activities, according to the budgets and work plans in line with the donor and World Vision Uganda (WVU) policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Project implementation and reporting
- Promote the use of modern farming practice and techniques through training, advising farmers, farm visits and demonstrations so as to transform targeted families from subsistence to commercial farmers in line with GoU policy.
- Participatory selection of beneficiaries, prioritization of cash for work activities, life skills awareness raising, and capacity building of the groups.
- Promote Resilience and Livelihoods programme model for faster adoption of improved farming technologies towards building secure livelihoods for the marginal poor.
- Actively participate in Resilience and Livelihood planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of progress.
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
Community, Engagement and Advocacy
- Identify project beneficiaries in collaboration with Local structures and in accordance with the laid down guidelines/rules and timeframe.
- Coordinate project activities with sub-county authorities, government extension agents and other partners at community level.
- Ensure Small holder farmers’ groups are mobilized, organized and strengthened into strong business groups/ for bulk purchase of inputs, value addition, bulking and collective marketing of produce
- Develop the farmer’s capacity to improve production and productivity of selected enterprises of desired quality
Documentation, Reporting and knowledge management
- Document and maintain records pertaining to training, production activities forward issues to management for decisions and appropriate action in line with WVU policies.
- Write up accurate and timely reports pertaining to all planned activities in the required format and submit to the Livelihood Officer/Project Coordinator
- Ensure Care givers/Foster parents of unaccompanied Refugee children are members of farmer business groups/cooperatives and are accessing business developments services.
- Participate in monthly / quarterly reflection meetings with Child Monitors and guardians/parents and child protection committees to address findings from monitoring.
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and abuse cases and report any incidences in line with child and adult safeguarding policy and guidelines.
- Work with local leaders to protect children and adults from child violations and abuses.
- Sensitize children including most vulnerable, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Assistant Livelihood Assistant job must hold a diploma in agriculture or agribusiness or forestry or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
- One to two years of experience in community work and engagement, Agricultural, Economic Development and Livelihood is and added advantage
- Experience of the local context of West Nile is an added advantage
- Experience in Entrepreneurship, VSLA, micro finance and strong agribusiness skills
- Outstanding knowledge of facilitation/training skills.
- Computer literacy skills
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Motorcycle riding skills with a valid riding permit (class A) is a must.
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is an added advantage
- Passion for children.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae by applying online through visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Deadline: 2nd August 2023