Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the Holcim Group. Holcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
Hima Cement works with all actors in the building and construction industry in Uganda – manufacturing and supplying a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects. Whether supplying high-quality cement to a craftsman or helping leading architects explore and deliver creative possibilities, Hima is committed to providing solutions that fit the needs of all its clients.
In order to achieve the above objectives, Hima Cement seeks to recruit a motivated and competent staff as indicated below;
Job Title: Assistant Electrical and Systems Engineer
Vacancy Code: AESEX01
Reporting line: Electrical and Systems Engineer
Duration: Full time
Duty Station: Tororo
Contribute to reach maximum availability/reliability of the electrical system equipment and installations in the plant by performing the appropriate corrective and preventive actions at the lowest cost and in compliance with the OH&S regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Incorporate and ensure individual and team safety culture in all activities. Compliance with Group HSE regulations to ensure zero harm to people and the environment
• Determine and schedule the necessary actions of corrective and preventive electrical maintenance in coordination with Mechanical and preventive maintenance supervisors to ensure proper functioning of electrical equipment and installations. Ensure the electrical maintenance team full time readiness to efficiently tackle emergencies or urgent breakdowns.
• Write the Logic diagrams, PLC programs and design CCR graphic displays for new/revamped equipment. Responsible for integration of hardware/software modifications and their commissioning. Rectify, record and report and control system equipment failure.
• Prepare weekly work orders according to preventive maintenance plans or scheduled corrective maintenance actions. Coordinate and supervise execution of work order activities, failure data gathering (cause, symptom), time confirmation (external and internal), material withdraw.
• Responsible for the revision, testing and distribution of General Function
Specifications for the new and revamped systems. Ensure the development, review and implementation of Systems Standard Operating procedures. Challenge and improve existing control loops and diagrams, design new ones in line with process/equipment reliability optimization and user requirements.
• Responsible for implementation and testing of validated design change requests in collaboration with the users and systematic storage of changes for traceability.
Responsible for updating software listing, CCR documentation.
• Perform all duties in compliance with LH Standards for Plant control systems.
Supervise control system contractors’ studies and works to ensure LH standards are met.
• Contribute to NWC optimization by identifying critical parts of electrical equipment, proposing optimal stock levels of spare parts (through FMEA) and identifying remaining lifetime of critical electrical equipment.
Required Qualifications skills and attributes.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
• 2-4 years’ experience in Industrial Electrical automation and control systems.
• PLC programming, DCS and SCADA systems
• Maintenance and Upgrade of Control systems
• FMEA techniques and knowledge of basic problem-solving tools
• Knowledge of cement process
• Microsoft office
Profile & Personal Qualities
• Self-driven, results oriented.
• High level of integrity
• Good communication skills across the business
• Able to plan and prioritise
• Experience in managing dead- lines and work load
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Should be innovate and excellent team player with good analytical skills and attention to detail
• Comfortable dealing with people and a good listener
• Reliable, tolerant & determined
• Able to work extended hours when required
Hima cement will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 18th November, 2023. (Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s save the environment).
1. Hima Cement Limited is a diverse, inclusive and equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate and do not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment.
2. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document
3. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
5. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Human Resource Manager – Corporate Hima Cement Ltd, Plot 838 Namanve Industrial Park P.O Box 7230 Kampala