The Financial Controller will develop, implement, and review financial and other internal controls within EnerGrow. EnerGrow is raising seed funding investments and needs an individual to steer finance in operations during this period and beyond.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Spearhead Finance in EnerGrow
• Maintain and disseminate the financial model and use it to prepare the annual budget and forecasts and analysis of expenditure for different departments and track planned activities.
• To ensure compliance with the accountability requirements of the individual projects, investors, EG platform and the national laws of Uganda.
• To monitor assets, cash flows and cash needs of the EG Platform.
• Develop and deliver training and training materials for business process owners regularly to build knowledge and understanding of financial metrics, accounting, risks and controls.
• Stay current on best practices and the latest thinking regarding processes, risk management, accounting and controls.
• Coordinate with external auditors to ensure the effectiveness of the controls are tested and the resolution of any audit findings.
• Drive working capital management by managing inventories, accounts receivables, payables and cash in order to ensure effective cost management.
• Coordinate with the commercial team to develop, execute and maintain pricing policies and transactions.
Reporting and Risk management
• Drive local reporting and ensure on-time, accurate submissions while ensuring compliance with organization guidelines
• Ensure timely submission of tax returns and all statutory obligations
• Manage the general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure the accuracy of posting and the accuracy of all supporting documents
Financial Controls and Risk Management
• Work with other departments to scope, design, and implement controls to address critical risks and ensure the design of adequate and effective financial controls.
• Manage tax and mandatory savings exposure e.g. PAYE, VAT, Income tax, WHT, NSSF and perform internal tax health checks and report and resolve potential variances.
• Assist in maintaining and developing efficient internal control systems to record and protect company assets and liabilities
• Assist in reviewing, formulating and implementing sound financial policies that minimize financial risk.
• Provide support in reviewing and putting in place efficient, sound and cost-effective procurement processes, practices and procedures in compliance with the Company policies.
• Ensure compliance framework is adhered to by proactively managing internal audits, closing any findings timeously and implementing suggestions/recommendations as applicable
• Prepare IFRS-compliant, consolidated monthly/quarterly/annual management accounts as well as bi-annual results for release to the market.
• Assist with quarterly audit reviews and annual financial statement audits
• Procure and manage external consultants as and when required on matters requiring compliance and expertise
Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
• An advanced professional certification such as CPA, ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CFA
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience at least 1 of which should be at a senior level.
• Experience with financial modelling is preferred
• Strong understanding of accounting, financial processes, including risk and financial controls.
• A professional and confident communicator who may effectively design and present information to Senior Management.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with different levels across the organization functions.
Closing Date : 30th November, 2023