Market Risk Analyst works closely with business units and control groups to ensure there is a transparent, consistent and comprehensive program for managing Market risk across the bank.
• Adhere to policies and standards, as per the market risk framework.
• Participate in market risk limit review at least once a year, but as often as required.
Investigate PV and completeness reconciliations and resolve exceptions on a daily basis.
• Investigate and resolve exceptions in the sensitivities reports daily.
Implement new controls as may be required by regulations, Absa Group, relevant projects or other stakeholders.
Risk Reporting / Monitoring
• Report on and monitor exposures against predefined limits on a daily basis.
• Ensure that limit breaches are escalated according to policy and that management is provided with all information that is needed to make decisions.
• Reports must be accompanied by commentary that is relevant to the business and highlights key risks and changes in risk.
• Provide inputs for daily, weekly, monthly and other / ad hoc reports; this includes both quantitative and qualitative input.
• Develop reports for new businesses.
• Provide advice and expertise to assist business in optimizing risk profiles.
• Develop and maintain familiarity with key positions held and market risk issues faced by the relevant trading desk(s).
• Provide meaningful and value-add analysis. This will be used to inform management actions and/or discussions.
• Build an understanding of capital requirements and the drivers thereof to provide business with insight to make trading / hedging decisions.
• Perform any ad hoc analysis requested by management or business.
• Participate in new product / business developments, significant change processes and
• Structured product / derivative reviews by performing risk assessment.
Stakeholder / Relationship Management
• Continually interact with Front Office staff to discuss strategy, market risk profile, market expectations and key risks
• Build strong internal (Market Risk) and external (Front Office and other Infrastructure areas) relationships, to build synergies and efficiencies.
• Manage business needs and expectations.
• Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing Date : 30th November, 2023