• To participate to technical meetings during the detailed design: to provide support and expertise and contribution to the progress of the detailed design and procurement engineering.
• To participate to construction meetings and guide the resolution of construction related issues linked to his/her area
To participate to the Project HAZOP/SPOT and PTR and other audits and technical reviews, including coordination of Project answers and final resolution.
• To ensure proper reporting for his/her area and to highlight critical issues to the Industrial Area Package Manager. To contribute to improving the project lessons learnt and personnel skills.
• To contribute to the advancement of working methods and tools within his speciality.
• Organize and participate in internal and with Contractor technical meetings, challenge the EPSCC Contractor, monitor and promote value engineering to contribute to cost saving. Promote alternatives design to optimize works and schedule.
• Prepare weekly and monthly activity reports for his/her area in coordination with Industrial Area Package Manager.
• Identify and evaluate changes to basis for design, as early as possible, anticipate problems in his/her area
• Promote local content initiatives together with the National Content team and Offsites & Drilling Interfaces Package Manager
• Work closely, as required, with the Facilities Engineering Manager and lead DCC to ensure that the engineering deliverables, in particular the Class 1 from the EPSCC Contractor are reviewed and commented within the contractual timeframe.
• Work closely with the disciplines lead to ensure adequate follow-up of procurement and later coordination of equipment and material integration in the facilities
• Organize the monitoring of the inspection plans for the equipment and material supplied for his/her area and ensure follow-up until such equipment and material can be released and incorporated to the Plant on site
• Work closely with the construction team to coordinate his/her area’s activities during construction
• Organise regular visit on site for progress review and coordination purpose with Company construction teams and Contractor project teams on site
• Manage the planning of the well pad with the support of the planning team – SIMOPS/COMOPS management process for the Industrial Area and implement it on a day to day basis during construction for his/her area.
• Review and prepare input to variation orders
• Anticipate potential claim from the contractor and alert the Industrial Area Package Manager. Propose approaches and elements of negotiation.
• Participate to the budget preparation and provide input to the project LOP for the part related to his/her area
Context and environment
A Green Field Project, the Tilenga development is to be carried out in a remote location in UGANDA near Albert lake with particularly sensitive environmental conditions.
A challenging onshore project; heavy and waxy oils produced from 31 drilling pads, (with some of them located in a national park) and treated in a Production Center of 200,000bopd oil capacity and 650,000 bld of water treatment capacity.
Reservoir pressure maintenance is ensured either by water injection or by polymer water injection depending on the reservoir’s characteristics. The project also includes an extended interconnecting network with temperature preservation. Multicultural environment: Contractors are anticipated to be in various parts of the world. Ugandan rules and regulations, administrative requirements and technical authorizations as well as International codes for onshore plant will apply.
Within the Tilenga (Upstream) Industrial Area Package, technical assistance is required to ensure that the detailed design, follow-up of procurement activities and construction activities for the area are performed in full compliance with the contract requirements and in line with project targets, in particular the schedule.
This implies a strong capacity to lead transversally and through the surface organization, i.e. engineering, procurement and construction organizations in particular, the project activities related to his/her area.
• Ensure that safety requirements of the project are always maintained and monitor the full HSE compliance of the activities.
• Coordinate and organize the works and activities, ensure activities planning management.
• Deputize for the Package Manager in his/her absence as required. Work closely with the Industrial Area Package Manager to set the priorities and objectives for his/her area.
• Ensure the progress of the activities is in accordance with the plan and propose/implement remedial actions when necessary.
• Call for, participate to and/or organise all the necessary technical and/or co-ordination meetings required to achieve the performance of the works within his/her area Ensure Area overall design consistency with the other sub work packages (including interfaces management at tie-ins points), optimization, operability and flexibility which implies leadership towards other packages Ensure that the Area design complies with the Project S.O.R., the contract documentation, schedule, budget and safety practices.
• Avoid EPSCC contractor stand-by/delays, ensuring on time responses to engineering and construction queries and request for waiver (if any) and unexpected technical issues, take a proactive and efficient approach, which implies day to day and close coordination with the Industrial Area Package Manager and the disciplines leaders.
• Initiate, prepare technical and contractual letters to EPSCC Contractor and prepare responses to the ones received from the EPC Contractor with respect to his/her area activities
• Provide weekly and monthly reporting to the Industrial Area Package Manager and report areas of concerns within his/her area, propose corrective actions.
• Provide support to the communication with the various stakeholders on the specific items relate to his/her area. Follow-up with Procurement Lead the procurement activities by the EPSCC Contractor, including the Long Lead Items for his Area to secure project schedule.
• Coordinate the work with the construction teams on site for his/her area activities. Have frequent and regular visit on site to monitor the progress of the site activities for his/her area and ensure adequate management of the site priorities with the constructions team.
• Provide input and necessary support for the budget preparation and update of the project LOP. Support the package manager in the review and the preparation of the variation orders with the contractor.
• The Service Provider must have the following experience / qualifications: Engineering degree Minimum 9 years oil & gas experience (Company graduate program engineer or relevant experience) with significant relevant multi-discipline engineering experience in EP industry is required to provide the necessary overview of the business, with experience in planning or project engineering.
• Strong technical, analytical, innovative and commercial skills.
• A good experience in planning, budgeting and managing interfaces.
• Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with the development of oil and gas projects.
• Some experience of construction onshore or offshore with a good understanding of the construction constraints and implications for the project development. Conversant with International, group engineering standards, as well as HSE standards.
• Good communication skills and an aptitude for taking initiatives are essential, as is the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to manage the relationship with key stakeholders.
• Proven track record of result deliveries in challenging project environments.
This job will be on Resident basis
Closing Date : 30th November, 2023