dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to fill the vacant position of Head of Credit Control & Disbursement to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Chief Credit Officer
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Chief Credit Officer, the role will be responsible for leading the Control & Disbursement Team to ensure that appropriate securities are in place to protect the bank from losses and frauds while overseeing all activities related to documentation, securities perfection, monitoring, and maintenance of compliance during the tenor of the approved credit facility.
• Collaborate with the business team to ensure that customers are experiencing the promised value propositions for Loan Products; in particular, ensure that credit facilities are authorized within approved limits and within the set turnaround time.
• Oversee the establishment, resourcing, and ongoing operation of a central documentation and securities verification unit; ensuring that all risk management and compliance requirements are fully met.
• Oversee the secure storage, registry, and eventual return to the client of all documents and assets retained by the bank as securities.
• Support the development of strategies, systems, tools & capacity-building to support front-line staff in the avoidance of arrears and early-stage good practice in remediation and re recovery.
• Oversee the Document Perfection process, ensuring that offer letters and legal agreements are drafted in-line with standard templates, further perfected by the external lawyers &/or the dfcu legal team as appropriate, and duly executed.
• Oversee the disbursement of approved credit facilities, ensuring that the amount approved is indeed disbursed, and utilized for the approved purpose in compliance with the Bank procedures and service level agreements.
• Develop a strong culture of risk and compliance management; take responsibility for the implementation of risk-management controls and for statutory compliance within the Collections & Recoveries Department.
• Authorize draw down of sanctioned facilities ensuring that all credits are in compliance with conditions precedent like insurance placed, payment of fees, security perfection so as to manage risk and minimize losses.
• Take the lead on risk management in the unit and in liaison with the risk management department, identify key risks within the unit and implement appropriate control measures to mitigate them.
• Constantly drive service quality measures and benchmarks within the department by developing and stepping up seamless process flows and controls, enhance automation to ensure smooth running of Credit Control and Disbursement to meet company objectives and minimize losses and reputational issues.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• A University degree in the areas of Economics, Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration or a related field.
• Credit Certification.
• Master’s degree in a business-related course will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 7 years overall banking experience 4 of which should have been at managerial level within Relationship Management or Credit Risk environment.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills supported by experience in credit analysis.
• Excellent understanding of the banking act and prudential guidelines.
• Good knowledge of banking products and evolving credit risk management systems; and good understanding of legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to lending and credits documentation.
• Risk Management, ability to identify and take corrective steps.
• Credit evaluation skills (restructure debt).
• Computer Literacy (Ms. Office, Ms. Excel, etc.)
|Commitment & Integrity
|Ownership & Empowerment
|Situational Awareness & Thinking
|Drive for Results
|Relationships & Collaboration
|Communication & influencing
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 08th December 2023 to the email address indicated below. Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com