Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 37 networked branches and 7 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and is regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is now looking for young, dynamic and energetic individuals to fill the following positions.
1. Commercial Loans Officer:
The Commercial Loans Officer reports to the Credit Supervisor and is responsible for recruiting of clients and visiting prospective clients’ homes and business to assess credit worthiness. The officer will be required to access loans of at least Ugx. 15,000,000 and should have prior experience in Credit management. Specific responsibilities for job position 1 include;
• Analyze existing customer data to identify expansion and / or additional business.
• Loan appraisal & disbursement
• Proactively cross sell and acquire new client relationships as well as selling additional solutions according to customer needs.
• Follow up and recovery of loans
• Ensure accurate and timely filing of all loan documentation.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Experience for job position 1;
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Credit Officer or Loans Officer in a Financial Institution.
• Person Specifications for the job positions 1 above:
Should be willing to work in any part of the country where Pride operates.
Should be ready to challenge themselves to continuously deliver exceptional performance.
• Should be computer literate, highly motivated, innovative and a self-starter.
Should have excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Should possess leadership skills.
• Should be honest, trustworthy and have a high degree of integrity.
• Should be fluent in commonly used local languages in the respective regions.
• Should not be more than 40 years of age.
Interested candidates should forward their applications to the HEAD HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, at the address below, or on email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than December 15, 2023; with a detailed curriculum vita, letters of recommendation from 3 referees, copies of academic transcripts, postal address and a daytime telephone contact.