Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Senior Technical Advisor for Health Economics & Financing (STA) within its Global Health Systems Innovation Department. As a Senior Technical Advisor for Health Economics & Financing, they will provide thought leadership to MSH and its clients in the areas of revenue mobilization, pooling, purchasing, and benefit entitlement.
This position may be performed remotely from any country where MSH is registered and has business operations.
Main responsibilities of the position:
The STA will support MSH-led health financing projects and be responsible for increasing worldwide knowledge and understanding of MSH’s health financing work publications in journals; presentations to donors, stakeholders, and other development partners; and at conferences. The incumbent will also be expected to identify other project opportunities with health financing elements and participate in developing new business development proposals.
Technical Assistance and Expertise 70% LOE
• Provide technical oversight on current and future projects and technical activities related to Health Financing for current MSH project.
External representation 15% LOE
• Ensure strong representation of MSH Health Financing activities to local, regional and global partners – including USAID, governments, and other donors. Strengthen collaboration with these partners to advance MSH’s global mission.
• Establish and manage relationships with partner organizations. This will include prime and subcontractors.
Partner and build strong relationships with thought leaders and engage new audiences in the area of practice.
• Represent MSH at industry conferences and workshops as appropriate and as funding permits.
Business Development 15% LOE
• Use network and connections to identify and build relationships with strategic partners and funders on practice priorities.
• Support the development of strategic plans for growing the business portfolio for MSH in Health Financing.
As a technical leader, participate in new business development efforts and act as a reviewer of proposals.
Work in close coordination when needed with MSH’s Business Development (BD) BD Unit reviewing bid opportunities, determining the opportunities that MSH should pursue in the practice area.
Provide critical strategic guidance and insight into pre-positioning for practice area bids as needed.
• Work in coordination with BD Unit to track funding opportunities. Lead and/or participate in pitching ideas to donors and funders on practice area topics.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key players among US government and non-US government donors and partners.
Partner with MSH’s BD in scanning both the market and potential competitors.
What do you need to apply?
MSH employs people of passion, we seek those individuals who dream of a better world. We look for professionals who combine experience, local knowledge, and an understanding of international best practices. The successful candidate for this role will be driven by passion for achieving the operational excellence required to achieve MSH’s mission.
• Masters in Health Economics, Economics, Public Health, Public Policy, or other related field.
• Advanced graduate degree (Masters level or above); formal training in health financing, health economics, health systems strengthening, health technology assessment, public health, health services research, policy analysis, epidemiology, biostatistics, or related discipline preferred.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience in leading health sector projects and activities in low-resource settings with an emphasis on managing and coordinating economic evaluations and analytical assessments.
• Significant and successful experience in providing technical assistance in the development, design, implementation, and evaluation of health finance policies and programs at the country level.
Demonstrated success in leading successful proposals to donors, especially USAID, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, or the World Bank.
• Extensive experience in providing capacity-building training in LMICs.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills and a track record of leading technical activities in the field of Health Financing.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a track record of publications in the field of health economics in established peer-viewed journals and presentations at international conferences.
Good interpersonal and relationship-building competencies in both developed and developing country settings coupled with strong written and oral communication skills.
• Fluency in English required, working professional knowledge of French, Spanish, or Portuguese language preferred.
• Proven skills in working and collaborating with donors, host country institutions, and international organizations.
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
• Demonstrated familiarity with USAID, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, World Bank, other donor and country level policy and strategy orientations in relation to the practice area.
• Strong written and oral communication skills demonstrated management experience.
• Fully aligned with MSH mission and values.
• Energetic, forward thinking, independent, creative person with intellectual depth and high ethical standards.
• Collaborative leadership approach that contributes to positive team environment, and builds strong relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures and viewpoints.
• Excellent ability to build personal networks at all levels, resulting in securing new opportunities and strategic growth for the organization in relation to the practice area.
• Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with intellectual flexibility and depth and strong ethical reasoning.
• High level capacity to work in a variety of cultural settings, complex environment and fragile states.
• Proven record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams towards a shared vision.
• Up to 25% travel (domestic and international) may be required.
Closing Date : 20th December, 2023