To effectively implement, document and report Quality Improvement activities in strengthening the quality of Health Care Professionals’ training at Mengo Hospital Training School as per the National and World Health Organization standards by working with the team to monitor activities, gaps and strategies to cover the gaps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Offer QI coaching support to the different teams to promote the use of the model for the improvement and 5S methodologies Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly Ql work plans and reports
• Coordinate regular assessment and monitoring visits to ensure compliance to regulatory service delivery standards
Support Heads of Departments and other Managers to coordinate quarterly integrated Ql coaching and mentor-ship activates for Training School in the respective departments
Support the School Management Team to coordinate quarterly integrate Ql coaching and mentor-ship activities for the Training School in the respective departments
• Coordinate quarterly cluster QI learning sessions in collaboration with the School Management
• Coordinate documentation and dissemination of QI success stories at all levels within the Hospital
• Render support in assessment and strengthening of the Infection Control and waste management activities at all facilities
• Provide oversight and coordination of client satisfaction surveys, providing support to School Management for the development, implementation and collation for surveys, analysis reporting of results
• Quality enhancement by assessing the quality of education and services. They will look at the attendance of both the students and tutors.
• Continuous improvement by conducting surveys, collecting data and analyzing and giving feedback to the students and staff.
• Check internal quality reviews in the different departments, programmes.
• Bench-marking on the latest trends and developments, and quality standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, or in Midwifery, Health Services/ Healthcare Management, or in Medical Education. Double Trained Registered (Nurse/Midwife also encouraged to apply.
• A master’s in Nursing/Midwifery/Public Health is an added advantage.
• Experience of working in a higher education and / or healthcare environment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• 3 years’ experience in Clinical or Nursing practice from a reputable health setting and 2 years’ experience handling Quality Improvement, monitoring and evaluation
• Possession of valid registration certificate and practicing license form Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
• Demonstrable experience in designing Quality Improvement tools.
• Demonstrable experience working with multiple stakeholders Demonstrable excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively with all stakeholders
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Good interpersonal, presentation, communication, and facilitation skills.
• Monitoring and evaluation skills
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, detailed CV and copies of academic documents with three (3) Professional referees in one attachment of not more than 10MBs to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday February 23, 2024.
Please Note: No hand delivered applications will be considered. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within four (4) weeks from the date of the advert.