Emergency Response Coordinator
Country/Region: Uganda Country Office
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Emergency Response Coordinator will support the set up and/or implementation of the Cash for Nutrition programme in Moroto, Kaabong and Kotido. S/he will be expected to support on all aspects of setting up and/or managing all operational areas connected to this program, including budget development and reporting, partners’ coordination and representation, security, logistics, compliance with internal policies and procedures and management of teams.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
Key areas of accountability include:
- Operations & Assessments.
- Training, Capacity Development
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL).
- Coordination and Representation.
- Reporting, Compliance
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- At Least a Bachelor’s degree from a well-recognized university, in any relevant field.
- Operational experience in implementing cash transfer programmes, in particular in establishing and overseeing cash delivery mechanisms involving external finance service providers in emergency areas.
- Cash Transfer Programme budget management experience.
- Experience in using internal controls systems to support CTP delivery in the areas of financial management, logistics, and security and programme delivery.
- Understanding of field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Demonstrable understanding of M&E and beneficiary accountability.
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts.
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 08th August 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS43NzExNS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20