Job Title: Project Manager – Biomedical Engineering
Organisation: Joint Medical Store (JMS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Biomedical Engineering
Joint Medical Store (JMS) is a Church-founded private not for profit organization whose mission is to supply medicines, medical equipment and related health care services of assured quality to the people of Uganda at affordable prices.
Job Summary: The Project Manager – Biomedical Engineering will lead and supervise the team in the implementation of proactive and responsive Biomedical Engineering services to customers, and support the processes that ensures that appropriate stocks of medical equipment are maintained for sale at JMS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft and participate in the development of the BME Directorate’s policies, strategies and procedures and submit to the Director BME for approval.
- Develop and implement a capacity-building strategy and program for DBME personnel at both JMS and client health units.
- Work in liaison with the Director BME in identifying what is in the current marketing strategy of DBME, what should be retained and what should be revised/replaced.
- Lead the DBME team to implement the business development strategy of the directorate and report all proceedings to the Director BME.
- Carry out the implementation of robust quality assurance systems for biomedical technology equipment, services and supplies.
- Implement and adhere to all the standard operating procedures as developed by the Director BME.
- Monitor, test and manage equipment functionality.
- Inspect all medical equipment to be sold by JMS and ascertain that they adhere to international and national quality standards and satisfy customer quality expectations as much as possible.
- Carry out all the necessary equipment testing and calibration required in-house.
- Follow-up on the use of systems and implementation of work schedules for human capital in the directorate and conduct a capacity needs assessment and identify the need for training of DBME staff
- Provide training and mentorship for the Officers and Assistants regarding the equipment operations and systems.
- Identify new product ideas and concepts through research and keeping abreast with market trends and customer needs
- Follow the product development cycle, Conceptualize and develop feasible and viable products areas for business through the development of new products and services aligned with JMS strategy
- Coordinate with the various Directorate, conduct research and collect relevant information to develop compelling proposals and draft proposals well-aligned with the project TORs/RFPs and complete in all respects.
- Develop prototypes for the approved product concepts and improvements and conduct design validation tests to ensure products meet the technical, cosmetic and environmental requirements
- Undertake Production validation testing and verify that the product can be made at the volumes needed for the target cost.
- Submit periodic reports on activities, tasks and assignments undertaken
Key Performance Indicators;
- Strategy and Policy Development Support
- Implementation of Business Development and Marketing strategy
- Quality Assurance Support
- People Management
- Project Development & Planning
- Product Development and testing
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for this job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering or its equivalent
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ experience in medical or technical equipment operations and maintenance management with at least three years related experience in business development, management and/or marketing in reputable logistics or service industry
- Knowledge of patient care equipment types
- Knowledge of electronic theory and technology
- Knowledge of computer systems and ability to use basic computer software packages
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement policies and procedures
- Ability to analyse complex problems and recommend solutions
- Communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Customer Service and Marketing skills
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret schematics and equipment service manuals
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates who meet all job requirements as indicated on the website are invited to submit their resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three (3) referees including their day time telephone contact and email address.
Please forward your applications to:
Manager, Human Resources and Administration
Joint Medical Store,
P.O. Box 4501, Kampala.
Email to HRA@jms.co.ug
OR hand deliver your application to Joint Medical Store (JMS), Plot 1828 Gogonya Road, Nsambya. Kampala
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 10th August 2022 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com