Job Title: Mental Health Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of The Medical Officer, the psychiatric clinical officer shall be responsible for provision of mental health care, counselling and active case management. H/she will provide facility and community-based mental health interventions in IRC’s areas of jurisdiction. Assess patients’ mental status, develop treatment plans and provide up to date patient care including making referrals to the appropriate services points.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, treat and provide evidence- based management of patients with mental illness.
- Participate in planning, budgeting, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating psychiatric activities.
- Refer complicated cases to appropriate level of care.
- Ensure maximum protection of mental patients, relatives and staff involved in patient management
- Participate in integrated community outreaches providing equitable services to cases in the community including assessment of their psychosocial support.
- Identify mental health related gaps and advice programing to deliver client centered interventions.
- Develop capacity of other clinical staffs to implement MHGAP through CPDs and onsite mentorship.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities.
- Ensure that Medicines, medical supplies and other commodities stocks are monitored.
- PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS
- IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a diploma in psychiatric clinical medicine from a reputable institution
- A minimum of two years of experience preferably in a humanitarian setting.
- Must be registered with the Allied health professional council and have a valid practicing license.
- At least two (2) years of prior professional experience in a similar post, preferably with an international Organization, implementing PHC services in a humanitarian setting
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 11th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com