Job Title: Planning Officer
Organisation: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Coordinator Policy and Planning
The National Forestry Authority (NFA) is a Government agency established under the National Forestry and Tree Planting Act, 2003 as a corporate body responsible for sustainable development and management of Central Forest Reserves (CFRs) and provision of technical support to stakeholders in the forestry sub-sector. NFA’s vision is “A sufficiently forested, ecologically stable and economically prosperous Uganda”, while its Mission is “To manage Central Forest Reserves on a sustainable basis and to supply high quality forestry- related products and services to Government, local communities and the private sector”.
Job Summary: The Planning Officer will collect, analyze and process statistical data and information for planning, budgeting, reporting and policy development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare statistical, budget and performance reports.
- Initiate the preparation and formulation of annual estimates of income and expenditure and operating plans.
- Collect and analyze data relevant for planning and budgeting purposes.
- Liaise with department and unit heads to provide input for NFA’s long term plans.
- Participate in formulation and review of Forest management plans for respective the CFR’s.
- Prepare planning and reporting guidelines for the Institution.
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Prepare quarterly and annual budget performance reports.
- Contribute to income generating and sustainability initiatives of NFA.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree (Honors) in Economics or Commerce from a reputable institution.
- At least three years of working experience in a similar or related position.
- Planning and coordination skills.
- Concern for quality, standards and accountability.
- Records and information management.
- Excellent writing and result oriented.
- Age: Above 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below or send soft copies to email@example.com
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
National Forestry Authority,
Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com