Child Protection Officers- (3)
Country/Region: Uganda Country Office
Organization: Save the Children International
Join us to lead sustainable change for children:
- Be part of a GLOBAL and DIVERSE technical community
- Get EXPOSURE in many different contexts
- Test and scale up INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS
- Influence policies that affect MILLIONS OF CHILDREN
Are you passionate about being an advocate for children? Do you want to use your expertise to bring about lasting change for children and be a part of an inspiring, dynamic global movement?
The Program Officer (PO) provides ongoing, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and reporting in regard to the execution of the Emergency Response activities, including child protection and education components. Activities ensure children (and their care givers) in the refugee settlement regain access to safe living environments, access education and skills development opportunities and are protected from harmful abuse.
Sounds interesting? Read more below
To be successful for this role you will bring/have the following:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Development Studies, Psychology, Child Development, Child Psychology, Community Psychology or any equivalent accrued working experience in a related position;
- At least two years relevant experience implementing, supervising, monitoring and evaluating field-based child protection or education projects with an NGO, particularly focusing on children’s rights, preferably in an emergency setting;
- Good understanding of child rights issues and child rights instruments.
- Specific familiarity with child rights issues in the NGO world or work.
- Ability to interact with communities; children and adults as well as other stakeholders at sub-county and district levels.
- At least 1 year’s experience in financial, planning and budget management.
- Effective interpersonal skills – oral and written communication skills
- Facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 22nd August 2022 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
OUR DIVERSITY BELIEF
Save the Children International is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating unlawful discrimination. We want our people to be truly representative of all sections of society. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, disabilities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve our beneficiaries better. We are guided by our values in everything we do, and recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for children around the world.