Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse (Fresher US NGO Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant- Warehouse will be responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the Imvepi Pharmaceutical Warehouse. The Supply Chain Assistant-Warehouse must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security/ safety of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand, implement and maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, dispatch, transfer, return, and reporting of goods through the IRC ERP (Microsoft Dynamics 365-Integra).
- Advise the Supply Chain Officer of potential inventory shortages.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse buildings, fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Supply Chain Officer of warehouse-specific issues for improvements.
- Ensure the stores are clean and always organized.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
Goods Reception and Transport
- Assist in receiving all supplies.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents and inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program.
- Prioritize road transport in coordination with the program department and field sites.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
Warehousing and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment is signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Officer to reconcile the inventory records to ensure that the physical inventory matches inventory balances in the IRC’s ERP System; based on what stock received and issued.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Officer in a timely manner.
Compliance and Ethics
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Identify and report Warehouse red flags.
- Implement internal and external audit corrective action plans (CAPs).
- Prepare and submit accurate timely standard weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc Warehouse reports.
- Actively contribute to development and implementation of Global Supply Chain KPIs and Improvement initiatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management, a degree in similar field will be an added advantage.
- Two years of work experience in Warehouse Management.
- Knowledge in using Inventory Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and experience in Managing Pharmaceutical Inventory is an added advantage.
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of computers especially spreadsheets (format/sort/filter).
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com