Job Title: Project Finance Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Uganda Country Director/Regional Director
Cordaid is a Dutch international NGO, that believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. We strive for just and sustainable societies where every person counts. We stand for knowledge and talent sharing between North and South, between farmers and businesses, between activists and policymakers. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. We stand for professionalism, expertise, and solidarity across borders. We aim at maximizing our social impact and contributing to systemic change. We operate where natural disasters strike, where conflicts tear up communities and where lack of opportunities and service delivery keep families in extreme poverty. Cordaid has been active in Uganda for over 25 years; and our programmes currently focus on three thematic areas: resilience, investments and humanitarian aid.
Job Summary: The Project Finance Officer is responsible for the financial control of projects and compliance to contractual agreements. He/She is part of the Programme team and will work in close collaboration with the finance team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops project budgets in coordination with program managers for presentations to
- Makes sure that cost recovery is guaranteed and the correct Cordaid tools, data and forms are being used.
- Supports the cash planning process with the Finance Manager.
Financial project data and reporting
- Keeps the implementation of projects in focus and assesses the financial management reports and results.
- Shares this information with program managers and Finance Manager in time and appropriately when financial management does not go according to plan.
- Provides timely updates to management to allow for proper communication with donors.
Financial quality of partners
- Guides and advises partners in such a way that they effectively and efficiently run the project reports and meet the reporting requirements.
- Supports the Finance Manager to develop, maintain, and deliver training on compliance issues to realize sufficient compliance knowledge, has a positive attitude towards compliance and improved compliance behavior.
- Supports the organization in collecting all necessary information for audits in time. Prepares the audits and ensures a high quality for accountability material.
Audit related improvements
- Ensures that recommendations from in- and external audits are implemented and disseminated throughout the organization.
- Ensures that his / her own costs are being recovered, either in the manhour tariffs used by Cordaid, or by charging the activities to donor contracts directly.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct and integrity policies, reports concern and follows regular integrity training, this is a medium risk position.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
Key Result Areas
- Meeting periodic reporting to donors and respecting deadlines
- Monitor the invoices submitted to donors both locally and internationally
- Provide financial guidance to project and Program managers and to the partners
- Compliance issues identified and responded to appropriately
- Collect and share lessons learnt to colleagues and partners
- Excellent audit reports, showing any actions/improvements have been implemented
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must have Accounting knowledge (Bachelor Level or Equivalent). Professional Accounting Qualification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIMA) desirable but not essential
- Experience in accounting in non-government organizations
- Knowledge of project management, planning & control, administrative processes, donor requirements and relevant languages
- Knowledge of the mission, vision, values, goals, structure, program strategies, regions, and the strategy of Cordaid
- Behavioural values and skills: trust, accountability, problem solving, cooperation, flexibility, creativity, innovative, diplomatic, results-oriented, collaboration
- Social skills to realize a positive attitude towards compliance and improvements in compliant behaviour, and to accompany and direct partners with financial management of the organization and projects
- Writing skills to develop training material and to define unambiguous internal agreements, and to formulate opinions on the preparation of project budgets and financial reports
- Self-motivated, proactive and result driven
- Being a person with high integrity
- Ability to work independently but at the same time being a team player
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to learn quickly
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 28th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com