Job Title: Cycle Planning and Activations Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: Customer Marketing Manager
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, J&B, Windsor, Buchanan’s and Bushmills whiskies, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness.
The Cycle Planning and Activations Manager is a strong commercial lead brings together multiple functions with a range of responsibilities to build and execute a market’s commercial plan, ensuring it delivers AOP. He/She works with Marketing, Sales, Customer Marketing, Distributors, and our customers to identify the brand and category opportunities, developing, managing and executing the commercial calendar and activation plan, ensuring its completion within the Cycle Planning and Briefing process and drives evaluation/learning back into the wider business. He/she is accountable for providing to Account Management and Distributors Teams the tools and support materials to drive brilliant execution with customers within channels, setting channel specific brand and category execution guidelines and standards.
Job Summary: To develop and implement Joined up business plans that deliver the trade category and portfolio strategy and sets up brilliant execution of our GAME plans, brilliantly engages customers and provides a genuine winning customer offer. Translate business targets and brand plans into channel and customer plans enabling brilliant execution and management of our investment
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Joined up business planning
- Deliver a total business plan that delivers the Trade, Category, and portfolio strategy
- Define our channel and customer mix as well as our category brand mix that delivers our AOP
- Brilliantly engage customers and continuously provide a genuinely wining customer offer
Trade & Channel Strategy & Plan
- Develop a trade strategy for customers and channels with financial rigor to ensure the delivery of the AOP
- Align the trade strategy to the portfolio and brand strategy that delivers the overall business targets and enables us to win in the marketplace
Promo & Trade Investment Planning
- Develop and implement promos that reflect the trade strategy for channels and customers
- Ensure that promos are optimized based on previous learnings and maximize ROI
Joined up S & OP forecasting
- Ensure channel and customer planning that drives the annual plans and defines the S & OP forecast
- Develop and implement activity and promo plans that define sales associated with each activity and enables building a clear road map to AOP
- Ensure BPM and S&OP forecasting is completely joined up between commercial and demand planning to ensure there is a single aligned view of the target
Promo Governance & M&E
- Ensure pre-approval of promos before agreement with customers and ensure post activity M & E is conducted to drive learning and activity improvement
- Track and measure customer execution of agreed plans and systematically re-allocate investment from low to high ROI
- Market capacity planning, setting execution standards & Cycle briefing
- Create clear activation standards for our activities in varying channels and outlets
- Define cost for each type of activation to enable A & P and trade investment planning for the activity calendar
- Ensure a holistic commercial plan of activities and promotions is briefed and delivered in a timely way
- Define activity KPIs and ensure that they are measured and reported as part of the cycle briefing building knowledge across sales
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant a Bachelor of Commerce or related degree or MBA.
- CIM Diploma
- At least three to four years’ experience in a FMCG environment, with experience in planning and finance, agency management, budget management, cross-functional project management and management of direct reports.
- Good understanding about how the total sales organization operates and how to drive its effectiveness
- Analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and collaboration skills, with a range and adaptability of style.
- Good planning, organization, and project management skills.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com