Job Title: On-call Drivers (3 O’ Level Job Positions)
Organisation: Light for the World
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement & Logistics Officer
Light for the World is a global development organisation. We empower people with disabilities and enable eye health services in low-income countries. Over the last three decades we improved health systems, enabled education for all, and amplified the voices of people with disabilities
Job Summary: Reporting to the Procurement & Logistics Officer, the On Call Driver will be responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services and maintaining LFTW vehicles within and outside Kampala Office as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organization.
The Driver also demonstrates a client – oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds while ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Overall the driver should abide by LFTW policies and guidelines pertaining to project vehicle use and management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating the vehicle to provide reliable and safe transportation for staff of the organization for official movements.
- Safe delivery and collection of mail, documents and any other cargo.
- Loading and offloading items and filling delivery documents as required.
- Maintaining documentation in regard to fleet operations as per the mileage covered, fuel utilized, trips made and purpose for the journeys in the given logbook.
- Getting the vehicle serviced as per schedule and reporting any necessary repairs on it for attention.
- Maintaining a record of the maintenance and service schedule in the given logbook.
- Keeping the vehicle interior and exterior clean at all times.
- Operating the vehicle within the given speed limits.
- Ensuring that the right number of passengers use the vehicle with the fitted seat belts.
- Making sure that the vehicle insurance is up to date.
- Keeping a valid driver’s license and copies of any other appropriate documents for the vehicle assigned.
- Ensure availability of all requirements including, valid driving license, insurance, vehicle logs, emergency phone contacts, first aid kit & necessary spares in the assigned vehicle.
- Comply with LFTW policies and procedures in relation to reporting any anomalies, incidents and / or accidents in regard to the vehicle.
- Prepare a vehicle report for the vehicle assigned at the end of each usage period.
- Ensure that the vehicle is parked safely at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Uganda Certificate of Education.
- Valid clean Driving License with Class B or D1
- Five years of driving experience.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High level of honesty and integrity.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Basic knowledge of store keeping.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Experience working in an NGO or similar organisation.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
NB: Light for the World is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 24th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com