Job Title: District Action Center Caretaker (7 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Uganda
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio-medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Job Summary: The District Action Center Caretaker will be in charge of offering counselling and social support to the GBV survivors at the District Action Center (DAC), attending to Gender Based Violence (GBV) cases sent through SAUTI child helpline and referring survivors that need both medical and social support services to the health facility and DREAMs safe spaces respectively. The DAC caretaker will work closely with the Probation and Social welfare officer, District technical officer and other community structures to ensure that all GBV cases reported at the DAC are responded to accordingly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer Counselling services to GBV survivors that seek /referred for services at the DAC center.
- Make referrals for additional services needed by the survivors and not offered at the DAC like medical services and legal services.
- Ensure complete documentation of all referrals, updating of GBV and community facility registers at the DAC center.
- Ensure follow up of all AGYW referrals to health facility and DREAMS safe spaces for service provision.
- Put in place case files for every GBV survivor who seeks services at the DAC.
- Receive and handle cases referred from SAUTI child helpline
- Work closely with sub county coordinators in the district and refer GBV survivors who fall under DREAMS age bands (9-24) for enrollment onto the DREAMS program.
- Update SAUTI system data at the DAC.
- Offer required support to all GBV survivors who spend a night at the DAC center before resettlement.
- Work closely with PSWO to follow up on cases that need legal support.
- Work with the CSO supporting DREAMS activities in the district to ensure facilitation of survivors that need linkage to both medical and legal services.
- Create awareness to the community about the availability of the DAC center in the district and SAUTI child helpline through platforms like; AGYW curricula sessions, social media, Radio talk shows.
- Building a strong referral network and coordination between partners including health providers, police, education, LCs and community‐based services department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Certificate or Diploma in Guidance and Counselling or Social Work and Social Administration.
- O’ level certificate.
- Training in Child Protection, and LIVES is an added advantage.
- Minimum of one year of experience in counselling
- Basic knowledge in computer skills i.e. Microsoft Word and excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required.
- Must be a resident of the respective district.
How to Apply:
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can email their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV, copies of academic qualifications /certificates addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand HAND DELIVER your applications at RHSP Kyotera cluster office in Kalisizo, Mpigi cluster office in Mpigi- Kayabwe, Sembabule cluster office in Sembabule next to Centenary Bank, Lyantonde Cluster office in Lyantonde Town Council or Kalangala cluster office in Buligo Kalangala Town council. Please clearly indicate district of interest in your cover letter.
Deadline: 19th August 2022 by 5:00pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com