Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer (2 Job Positions)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international non-profit, non-sectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Job Summary: Technically reporting to the Country Finance Coordinator and Administratively reporting to the Team Leader, the Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for financial management and general Administrative support at the field level office ensuring value for money in all the transactions and efficient and effective Administrative functions and routines, but not limited to:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify all payments and PRFs for proper fund, donor and account coding, budget availability, accuracy and completeness. Expenses must be reasonable, allowable and allocable. Petty Cash to the maximum amount of 350,000 UGX (amount exceeding 350,000 UGX will be verified by Kampala finance).
- Petty cash management including preparation of cash vouchers for reimbursement of small payments, making payments to recipients, preparing summaries for replenishment of the petty cash fund assessing, verifying and processing payments
- Preparing check payment vouchers for all approved check payments to recipients.
- Record all payments and receipts into spreadsheet and verify its correctness against the hard copies before sending to Kampala office for processing
- Managing all aspects of day to day operations of Finance Office in the Field site
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems
- Ensure compliance with Alight and donors procedures and guidelines
- Submit expenditure worksheets together with the hard copies to the Country Finance Coordinator for replenishment whenever the petty cash balance reaches 1,000,000 UGX a minimum.
- Ensure all payment documents for proper and adequate back up based on the Alight Uganda minimum supporting documents requirement policy.
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Report to the supervisor all anomalies in implementing Alight internal control policies
- Facilitate and support all internal and external audits to be conducted in the Field Office.
- Ensures that all Field office finance records are filed and labeled in a logical, orderly and neat manner, so as to provide for security of documentation, ease of accessibility, and the preservation of records.
- Contributes significantly to the ongoing process of continuous improvement of the financial management system and the internal control.
- Maintain an up-to-date leave register for Field office, while providing regular updates to staff about leave days and leave plans as per the HR leave policy.
- Prepare a monthly leave report and send it to the Senior HR Officer at the end of month for reconciliation.
- Receive, review and register all staff timesheets, ensuring they are correctly filled at the end of each month before sending to Kampala Office.
- With support from your supervisor, participate in the recruitment process of Grade A positions and Incentive workers at field level by posting adverts, shortlisting, scheduling interviews, inviting and interviewing candidates.
- Support in following up of onboarding process of new hires at field level.
- Support exiting staff in clearance at field level upon request and guidance from HR Office in Kampala.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a degree in business, finance or accounting or any other related field
- At least three years’ experience working experience as an accountant in a busy organization
- Computer Skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel)
- Proven organizational skills and multitask under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills
- High level of integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 29th August 2022 at 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com