Job Title: Senior Partnership Officer – Finance
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: The Senior Partnership Officer – Finance will be placed within the IRC Uganda Partnership department which acts as the formal coordination point between IRC departments, including programs, operations, finance, and global headquarters.
Directly supervised by the Finance Manager-Partnership and working closely with the Senior Finance Officer-budgeting and reporting, the position supports donor compliance, partner draft budgets and reports reviews, participate in conducting Partner’s Project Capacity Review (PPCR) and partner capacity support.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Budgeting and Reporting
- Assist the Finance Manager-Partnership to disseminate updated information regarding donor formats (budgets and reports) and other donor related information to the partners.
- Support in the review of partner financial and programmatic reports and provide timely feedback to partners.
- Stay up to date with donor compliance guidelines and disseminate to relevant colleagues in the country Programme and partners.
- Support in sub-award grantee reporting, ensuring that partners use the budgeting and reporting templates provided at the time of signing the Partnership Agreements.
- Ensure that draft reports are shared for review and feedback by Finance Manager-Partnership & Partnership Coordinator prior to submitting the final report to Finance for posting in integra.
- Facilitate timely and accurate submission of partner financial reports to Finance Manager-Partnership for final review of financial and programmatic reports with relevant IRC staff.
- Support the implementation of the Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results (PEERS) system across all areas of sub-award management, partner budget review.
- Support in reviewing partner sub-grants agreement terms and conditions is well understood by the sub-grantees; arrange for the initial financial reporting training to the sub-grantees where necessary.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager-partnership to prepare and update the partnership tracker.
- Support partner monitoring schedule per Partners Project Capacity Review results and ensure programmatic and compliance monitoring visits happen in coordination with the partnership coordinator and responsible technical coordinators.
- Support in capacity sharing of partners in identified areas as per the partner support plans.
- Work closely with the Finance Manger -Partnerships and Partnership Manager to ensure the timely scheduling and carrying out of sub-award activities with IRC internal relevant program staff per PEERS guidelines.
- Liaise with Finance Manager-Partnership and Partnership Coordinator to relay the communications to sub-award Partners as requested.
Cash/Bank – Processing
- Support the Finance Manager – Partnerships to review Cash Transfer (CTR) documentation.
- Support in reviewing Partner payment vouchers to ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Senior Partnership Officer – Finance job placement must hold a University degree in Business Studies or Administration, Organizational Management, Social Sciences, and/or other relevant fields.
- Two to three years of work experience in humanitarian/development programming entailing community-based activities, sub-grant management and/or local stakeholder engagement.
- Experience working in a similar role with NGO is highly regarded.
- Exceptional coordination and interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience working effectively in coordination with multi-functional (e.g., Program, operational, finance) teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Willingness to travel to IRC and partners’ field offices
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel; experience using, or at least a familiarity with, accounting software and budgeting/budget management is a plus.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th August 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com