Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant (3 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Medical Teams International (MTI)
Duty Station: Hoima – Midwest, Uganda
Medical Teams International is a faith-based not for profit health relief and development organization with a Calling “Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.” MTI-UG has operations in West Nile and South western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition.
Job Summary: Responsible for executing stock management activities in the Health Facility store including stock request, receipt, storage and issuance to departments of medical supplies, food items, equipment and other materials to departments. And dispensing medication to patients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track all movements of goods in and out of store, including checking deliveries of goods against dispatch notices for quality and quantity
- Perform physical stock counts as per schedule; perform reconciliation with paper files and as required in ERP system / Rx solution to ensure compliance with stock level agreements; follow up with supervisor in regards to discrepancies, alarm thresholds, stock outs and expiry dates
- Collaborate with In-Charge to prepare stock request; responsible for submitting request to Store Officer and following up on delivery.
- Issue stock to user departments in accordance with MTI procedures
- Ensure all goods are stored and packed safely and securely and easily identifiable
- Ensure all medicines are stored at required temperature-Monitor store and Fridge temperature.
- Maintain an efficient filing system for all documentation related to stores and enter information into ERP system as required
- Prepare reports related to consumption, short-dated stock, physical stock status, expired stocks etc. and submit according to schedule
- Organise the manual loading and unloading of vehicles, as needed
- Maintain inventory register for the Non-Consumable items.
- Carryout stock rotation according to FEFO and FIFO
- Ensure store health and safety procedures are understood and followed by all persons in the store
- Responsible for the security and cleanliness of interior and exterior of store.
- Dispense medications to patients.
- Monitor prescriptions to ensure that correct medications are being prescribed, adherence to clinical guidelines and the rational use of medicines; conduct related trainings for clinical staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Certificate in Pharmacy, Certificate in Pharmaceutical and Health supplies management or related field is required
- Registration with Allied Health Professionals Council is required
- Valid practising license is required.
- At least one year of experience in a community or hospital pharmacy
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
- Knowledge of store management
- Knowledge of ERP systems/Rx solution
- Knowledge in medicine dispensing.
- Skilled at using ERP systems/Rx solutions to track inventory
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Highly organized with good quantitative ability and attention to detail
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to act with integrity and ensure security of store goods
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and adhere to professional code of conduct
- Must be physically fit with ability to lift heavy boxes
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com