Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Organisation: ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Human Resource & Administration
ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda) is a for-profit, non-depository Microfinance Institution, operating as a microfinance company and regulated by the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA). ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd is also a member of the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU). ASA Uganda commenced operations in 2013. ASA Uganda is a subsidiary of ASA International, one of the world’s largest international microfinance institutions globally and operates in 13 countries in Africa and Asia. The company was listed in the premium segment on the London Stock Exchange in July ’2018.
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd is seeking for professional, confident, self-motivated, and committed team players to reinforce its capacity by filling the following vacant positions:
Job Summary: The Human Resources Assistant mainly provides vital executive support in administration, talent management, communications and operations. S/he will also bring initiative and be a true team player. S/he must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the recruitment process by scheduling and screening candidates, assist with creating offer letters, and background checks.
- Assist in orienting new employees to the organization.
- Assist in creating, maintaining and organizing of employee personal files and appropriate documents.
- Process all hires, transfers, changes, and terminations accurately into HRIS in a timely manner.
- Manage staff leave and track absenteeism.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies.
- Act as an advocate for employees and convey employee issues and concerns to management for resolution,
- Keeping track of staff contract expiry dates, contract renewals and confirmations.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- At least two years of related working experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of HR functions.
- Understanding of labour laws of Uganda and disciplinary procedures.
- Integrity & trustworthy.
- Strong writing, proof reading, formatting skills and must thrive in a high-communication environment.
How to Apply:
Applicants who meet the above requirements can send their applications, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications, contact details for three (03) professional referees and a day-time telephone number, to the address below:
The Head Human Resources & Administration,
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd,
Plot 228 Buye- Kigowa, Ntinda,
P.O. Box 245, Ntinda
Please note that hand delivered applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and aims to attract and select a diverse workforce, ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, class, ethnicity, disability, location, and religion. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 8th September 2022 at 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com