Job Title: Theatre Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Job Summary: The Theatre Assistant is responsible for preparing and sterilizing theatre equipment, instruments and surfaces according to hygiene standards and procedures to ensure high quality of care and safe environment for the patients and fellow health workers
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strictly apply all specific sterilization and hygiene protocols and security rules, proactively seek advice and clarification from the anesthetic officer about the specific protocols to follow in each specific case.
- Sterilize all surgical equipment and instruments and prepare surgical trolleys for the operation
- Assist the surgical team before, during and after the operation as required.
- Assist in preparing patients for surgery, explaining procedures, and transporting patients between ward and operating room.
- Scrub, mask, and gown the surgical team.
- Pass surgical instruments to surgeon, cut sutures, apply dressing, and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Dispose of surgical wastes safely in accordance with IPC protocols and procedures.
- Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working condition by using in accordance with the user manual, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunction.
- Ensure that medical practice is conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and IRC code of conduct.
- Forecasting and ordering for theatre supplies in conjunction with the rest of the theatre team.
- Any other responsibilities as maybe assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least a certificate in theatre techniques (assistance) training
- Must be registered with the allied health practitioner’s council
- Must have a valid practicing license
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience
- A good command of the English language
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Willing to adhere to and implement the IRC rules.
- Good interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 3rd September 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com