Job Title: Project Occupational Physician
Organisation: Mota-Engil Africa
Duty Station: Uganda
Mota-Engil is a Portuguese group in the sectors of civil construction, public works, port operations, waste, water, and logistics. The Mota-Engil Group comprises 228 companies within three major business areas Engineering and construction, Environment and Services and Transport concessions operating in 21 countries through its branches and subsidiaries, including Mota-Engil Engenharia e Construção, S.A., Tertir, SUMA, INDAQUA Manvia, Vibeiras, Ascendi and Martifer.
Job Summary: The Project Occupational Physician will be responsible to monitor occupational health & Safety and promote workplace-related health measures and assessments. S/He will oversee the patient’s diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of occupational illnesses /or injuries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting workplace assessments to identify potential hazards that may cause injury or illness to workers.
- Diagnosing and treating injuries or illnesses that occur in the workplace.
- Prepare patients for return to work after illness or injury or may act as a consultant to identify health hazards.
- Recommend tests to determine the extent of diagnosis conditions.
- Conducting Health screening and Monitoring.
- Advising on health and safety regulations
- Coordinate and ensure compliance with the SHEQ objectives.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities from time to time as may be assigned by your immediate supervisor in accordance with your job roles and prevailing conditions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in medicine and surgery or related from an accredited institution.
- At least five years of progressively responsible clinical experience in general medicine or Occupational Health.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Flexible working hours.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below