Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing Fin Tech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Job Summary: The Warehouse and logistics officer will also ensure the adherence and improvement of processes, tracking, and reporting of set SLAs as well as inculcate KAIZEN as a way of life to the team
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, general warehouse costs and efficiency.
- Order processing – Ensure orders are received and processed according to agreed SLA and that they are shipped on M-Kopanet & D365.
- Undertake periodic stock -take counts and ensure proper reconciliation and explanation of variances.
- Reporting; daily, weekly and monthly reporting of all stock and or other items in and out of the warehouse.
- Maintain accurate inventory records through the use of a computerized inventory system (D365 and M-Kopanet) and on relevant trackers.
- Ensure receipt, verification, documentation and storage of reverse stock.
- Resolve reverse and dispatch queries from SC’s as per agreed SLA, and subsequent claims for any short shipment and misroute
- Track and maintain a record of weights of all stock dispatched and received from the respective couriers, analyze and reconcile monthly invoice and share monthly report on Courier performance.
- Ensure the tracking and reporting of surplus or obsolete stock to management for disposal.
- Ensure storage space is optimized for the stocking of items to effectively use the available storage space.
- Follow up with courier and provide feedback on delivery inquiries from shops & depots within set SLA
- Ensure the entire logistics process from customs clearance and all import-related requirements, safe receipt at warehouse and storage is observed
- Ensure responsible management of warehouse and logistics costs; i.e., assist manage the warehouse budget by providing insights at forecasting and planning discussions, tracking performance, and championing initiatives to reduce cost or increase operational efficiency
- Track defective pieces of inventory and rates of return accurately in order to maintain and improve quality control.
- Ensure that section operations are run in line with the sector and industry safety guidelines at all times
- Assist with process Improvement: Set up and continually monitor standard operating procedures for the repairs & warehouse department and periodically benchmark against industry standards to meet local needs and increase productivity.
- Observe regular work schedules to achieve optimum work productivity
- Others; take on other duties and tasks as directed by the line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma in business management, business administration, supply chain management, Logistics, operations or accounting. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience or equivalent.
- You can live and breathe our values of progress, ownership and transparency
- Experience in warehouse operations with a strong track record of operational execution is an added advantage.
- Experience in using an inventory management system.
- Track record of hitting tight deadlines without compromising on quality of execution
- People’s leadership experience in any similar capacity.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and detailed oriented.
- Knowledge in excel and reporting is an added advantage
- Strong presentation and speaking skills (articulate, concise, engaging)
- Ability to communicate with all levels of leadership, driving action and persuading audiences
- Faultless integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should apply online at the link below