Job Title: HR Business Partner
Organisation: Coca-Cola Beverages Africa
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: HR Manager – Supply Chain
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa is the largest African Coca-Cola Bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent. In Uganda, CCBA is represented by Century Bottling Company Limited and Rwenzori Bottling Company Limited.
Job Summary: As an HR Business Partner, you will report directly to the HR Manager – Supply Chain. The incumbent serves as strategic HR partner in the Mbarara plant, enabling achievement of the business plan and targets, aligned to the Organisation’s overall strategic objective of long-term growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Business & HR Alignment (Strategic Management)
- Serves as a proactive member of the ‘functional country’ leadership team/s, participating in the management of the business.
- Drives the understanding of people and organizational implications of the business strategy and goals across the plant leadership team/s, and in so doing positively influences the business agenda.
- Focuses on strategic activities, and evaluates HR service and value delivered to the Plant leadership team/s.
- Works with plant leaders to translate business needs into clearly articulated and actionable organization and people requirements.
- Focuses Plant leaders on high-leverage use of HR processes throughout the year.
- Monitors Plant performance through the agreement and ongoing use of a people/organization scorecard.
Learning and Development
- Facilitates the execution of the L&D strategy within the organization.
- Diagnoses & facilitates the building of people and organization capability required to execute the business strategy.
- Implements capability frameworks and plans within the organization that facilitates building the organization’s capabilities, thereby enabling the organization to deliver on strategy.
- Adopts L&D solutions, and deploys appropriately within the organization.
- Actively facilitates the building of deep skills in key roles across the organization.
- Drives effective sourcing and development of leadership and ensures effective management of the talent pipeline, to meet short, medium, and long-term requirements.
- Drives the execution of the Talent strategy in the organization, in line with the HR Manager and local business strategy.
- Drives performance by leveraging the organization’s Performance Management system.
- Enables a high-performance, high-engagement culture in the organization.
- Drives and facilitates achievement of the diversity agenda within the organization.
- Drive holistic wellness, which includes physical and emotional well-being, in the workplace through dedicated social systems, tracking and monitoring mechanisms, and employee awareness and education.
- Works collaboratively with the business leaders to co-create a plan to shape the desired culture, through coordinated OD initiatives and touch points with other areas of HR (TM, Reward).
- Facilitates the adoption within the organization of CCBA methodologies for organizational design and change management.
- Initiates leads and sustains organization change initiatives, and ensures smooth transformation and anchoring.
- Fosters an employee relations environment that supports the delivery of strategy, and ensures communication directly with shop floor employees.
- Ensures effective implementation of the CCBU Reward strategy within the plant in line with HR business strategy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with postgraduate HR qualification, or equivalent.
- Added advantage: Master’s degree in HR Management/Business Management/Industrial Psychology.
- At least five years of HR leadership experience in both operational and corporate environments – both generalist and specialist.
- At least five years of people management experience.
- Business acumen, to drive organization performance.
- Ability to influence and engage key stakeholders across different levels.
- Ability to develop clear actionable steps to support business strategy.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to analyze & diagnose.
- Integrity, and the ability to build trust.
- Reputation for discretion and sound judgment.
- Technical process expertise.
- Ability to collaborate, and work effectively in Teams.
- Inclusiveness and ability to work with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to generate ideas, agree on direction, influence, and plan actions through productive relationships with groups and individuals.
- Excellent Problem-solving ability.
- Change management and performance improvement.
- Ability to develop strong, professional relationships with internal customers, through integrity and delivery.
- Credible, trustworthy, and able to recommend solutions that are aligned with customer needs and the long-term interest of the organization.
- Ability to facilitate team discussions and shape positive behaviors.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 28th April 2023