Job Title: Systems Administrator
Organisation: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref: HR/STAFF – VAC/19/04/2023/1
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The job holder shall be responsible for supporting, monitoring and maintenance of UGAFODE MDI’s Computers, Storage and networking Systems, including administration of the bank’s enterprise authentication & communication systems, designing, integrating, administering, and optimizing the bank’s Computer, Storage and networking enterprise components to achieve high performance of the various business applications and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring optimized performance, reliability, availability, stability, integrity and scalability of all aspects of Data Center Infrastructure components including but not limited to Servers, Storage, and Virtualization environments.
- Forecasting demand for storage, computing and networking infrastructure capacity and take appropriate action before capacity limits are reached to maintain standard operating thresholds.
- Implementing, testing, and maintaining data center back-ups and high-availability procedures to ensure systems availability.
- Measuring and optimizing Data center infrastructure performance and implementation plus execution of Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Maintain corporate IT infrastructure standards in regard to standard configuration manuals.
- Recommending equipment, supplies and materials for the purpose of acquiring required items and completing jobs efficiently.
- Carry out and monitor server deployment, configuration activities of all servers in on the bank network.
- Administration of Window Server services including but not limited to Active Directory domain controllers, Domain Name Systems, File, Pinter, VPN, Proxy servers etc. ensuring that each server meets 100% planned uptime and implementing any changes, patches and upgrades that may be required.
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange Server environment and implementing any changes, patches and upgraded that may be required.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve any issues that may occur on the bank’s Data Center Compute, Storage and Networking environments.
- Be responsible for implementation of Data Center Maintenance procedures and guidelines.
- Be the point of contact for any third party service providers for maintenance services on the Data center.
- Implement best practices and policies for all enterprise systems.
- And undertake any other assignments related to information systems technology as may be assigned by supervisors from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, Information Technology or any related field.
- ICT Certification in related IT field such as Obit R, HPE, VMware, Microsoft, NetApp, EMC, Linux are a requirement.
- At least three years working experience in a busy ICT environment
- Knowledge of integrating and administrating enterprise computers, storage and networking solutions.
- Knowledge in use of routers, switches and other network interfaces.
- Knowledge of related statutory IT compliance regulations, IT and MIS banking policies, procedures and systems.
- Good analytical, diagnostic, communication, team work and reporting skills.
- Excellent stakeholders’ management with ability to monitor third party contractors.
- High degree of integrity.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve computer, storage and networking problems and maintain relevant documentation.
- Knowledge of UNIX & Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Knowledge of implementation and administration of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, File Management, Enterprise backup, Unified Communication Systems, etc.
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please submit application letter together with an up to date CV to our email only: email@example.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line e.g. “Systems Administrator”). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource. Closing date for receiving applications is: 21st December 2022 but they will be viewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Ladies are encouraged to apply
Deadline: 3rd May 2023