Bodawerk is a leading manufacturer of electric mobility and energy products. The company is engaged primarily in the research and development, manufacturing and marketing of a wide range of electric products and services. The Company focuses on developing superior quality Energy Storage Systems (EV Batteries), Electric Mobility (EV Motorcycles) and Services (Battery Swapping i.e., Battery-as-a-Service).
Bodawerk is looking for an Associate to join its Human Resource Management team. The Associate, Human Resource will work closely with the HR team to ensure the organisation has adequate capacity to build new business units and expand existing operations in Uganda.
1. Recruitment & Onboarding 70%
● Contribute to the overall talent development strategy of the organization, and work collaboratively across functions to identify current and future staffing needs.
● Maintain a recruitment database and develop a strong talent pool to meet the organization’s needs.
Manage all recruitment activities (job adverts, shortlisting, interviews, recruitment, contracts, and personnel files). Including but not limited to: sourcing applicants through multiple outreach strategies, including online channels and job fairs; creating job descriptions and interview questions; shortlisting the most suitable talent from available candidates; planning and scheduling screening calls, assessments, and interviews.
● Develop and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience.
● Assess candidates’ information, including C.Vs., portfolios, references and required background checks.
● Prepare all relevant documents, forms, and contracts and ensure timely information collection and coordination with relevant departments through the recruitment and onboarding process.
● Facilitate the timely enrollment of new staff into the medical benefits plan and GPA and support issues resolution. Advise employees of eligibility, provide application information, help with form completion, verify submission, and notify employees of approvals.
● Provide orientation for new employees by providing information packets, reviewing company policies, explaining benefit programs, and obtaining document signatures.
● Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes and data and write recruitment reports as required.
2. HR Data Management 20%
● Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel records of all employees, including orderly archiving.
● Manage personnel files and staff databases and ensure they are accurate, up to date and maintained in line with our privacy and security policies.
● Maintain employee database/trackers for employee leave, timesheets, employee performance evaluation and staff training. Ensure that all staff Lists, probationary lists, and supervisory lists are up to date.
● Document and track human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
● Support the implementation, management and optimization of Bodawerk’s human resource information system (HRIS), ensuring it is accurate and up to date, support staff capacity building and be responsible for issues resolution.
3. Other Administrative tasks 10%
● Serve as the first point of contact for employees for HR information, policy guidelines, and issues resolution.
● Support the development of strong communication and feedback channels with all staff and through a variety of mechanisms to support employee engagement.
● Support staff exit and separation processes and maintain relevant records
● Participate in departmental and cross-departmental meetings and prepare monthly HR Administrative reports.
● Support the organization of staff training with internal or external providers.
● Support the HR Manager in ensuring timely and effective internal communications and provide support in staff engagement activities.
● Support implementation of and compliance of HR policies.
● Work with the HR team in the performance reviews process.
● Accomplish the human resources department’s and organization’s mission by completing related results as needed.
● Strong knowledge and experience in HR data management processes and systems with the ability to analyze and interpret numerical data and processes.
● Experience with full-cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods and knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems.
● Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with trends and best practices.
● Demonstrable skills in digital media outreach and HR databases.
● Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality of HR information.
● Well-organized and process-oriented and with strong attention to detail.
● Strong written and spoken communication skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform with limited supervision.
● Excellent IT skills, including HRIS, MS Office and Google Suite.
● Strong training and facilitation skills.
● Ability to work remotely under minimal supervision
● A Competitive salary
● Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
● A dynamic and supportive work environment
● Training and development opportunities
● Paid time off
● Medical Insurance
If you are enthusiastic about sustainability and technology and are searching for a challenging and rewarding position, we want to hear from you!
Bodawerk offers an enjoyable, friendly work environment as well as opportunity for professional development within a rapidly expanding global enterprise. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer and evaluates all applications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, HIV/AIDS, disability, or any other protected characteristic as defined by law.
Closing Date : 5th May, 2023