Plan and supervise all fitness operations, ensure health club personnel offer quality fitness service and proper maintenance of the equipment, organize special events/aerobics classes in line with members’ needs, MRH strategy, best practices and policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan daily/weekly/monthly health club operations, supervise and coordinate the implementation fitness and other health club programs.
• Check the condition of the fitness equipment and ensure necessary maintenance is regularly carried out to maintain safety standards.
• Maintain high levels of hygiene of the health club facilities, swimming pool and ensure timely cleaning of the linen and sanitizing / cleaning of equipment and tools.
• Schedule health club employees according to business demands, monitor and evaluate their performance and maintain team discipline in line with the hotel policies.
• Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of health club supplies, ensure proper usage to control costs and make timely requisitions.
• Liaise with equipment suppliers to train health club employees on usage and routine maintenance of the equipment.
• Work closely with Revenue and Business Development and other Departments to come up with revenue generation strategies.
• Assess the needs of guests/members and customize packages for target clients in order to up sell Health Centre usage and Massage sessions.
• Review pricing against market trends and demand, update rates in liaison with Management and drive revenues from gym membership at the correct rates.
• Ensure renewal notices/Invoices are issued to members and all payments for services rendered at the Health Centre are receipted and accounted for.
• Handle and take appropriate action to track and resolve guest complaints or any incidents.
• Inspects the gym and swimming pool and ensure safety standards are adhered to and attendants are alert.
• Any other duty as maybe assigned from time to time.
• Minimum of a higher Diploma in the disciplines of Sports Science, Leisure & Recreation Management fitness, Hotel Management, Tourism & Hospitality Management or a related field.
• A bachelor’s degree in any of the above disciplines is an added advantage.
• A first aid and life guard certification is an added advantage.
• Three (3) years of progressive experience of health club management in at least a 3-star hotel or a busy health club, one (1) of which should have been in a supervisory role.
Send your application letter, CV & academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th April, 2023 Address: Plot 50, Bungokho Rd, Mbale, Uganda Telephone: +256 758 210 115