Job Title: Warehouse Assistant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Warehouse Officer
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an independently governed institute within the College of Health Sciences at Makerere University and has the mission “To strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development.” IDI has operations across Uganda as well as in a number of other African countries and has a staffing of over 1,000 managing multiple projects in research, clinical services, public health and training.
Job Summary: As part of the Warehouse and Distribution team, the Warehouse Assistant shall support accurate order fulfillment, appropriate arrangement and storage of items in the warehouse and stewardship of stock.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in arranging and packing stock and assets in respective shelves and partitions.
- Proactively ensure that all stock and assets are suitably stored, categorized and kept in respective locations to ease tracking and prevent deterioration in quality.
- Regularly inspect the stock for shelf life status and damages and report to the warehouse officer any such issues and follow up to ensure quick action is taken.
- Issue stock to requesters following proper institutional procedures using approved stock requisition forms/orders.
- Support receipt and inspection of incoming consignments
- Carry out spot checks on finished customer orders to detect and correct any picking errors
- Supervise the cleaning of the Warehouse premises and ensure the Warehouse, stock and assets are stored in a manner that meets applicable standards of hygiene and OHS at all times.
- Support documentation and maintenance of appropriate stock records
- Take custody, stewardship and accountability for stock
- Carry out continuous cycle counts and bin verification to ensure inventory accuracy
- Participate in periodic stock take exercises
- Identify expired, long stay or slow-moving items and notify the warehouse officer to take appropriate measures.
- Ensure that stock is appropriately stored, categorized and kept in respective locations.
- Carry out any other duties as shall be reasonably assigned by the supervisors
- Accurately and appropriately packed client consignments
- Bin accuracy
- Timely order processing
- Timely receipt of items
- Stock safety and security
- Update of stock keeping records
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Stores Management/Business Administration/commerce/Procurement and Logistics Management
- One year of experience of working in the warehouse/stores. Bachelor’s degree holders shall have added advantage.
- Speed and accuracy
- Team player
- Attention to details
- Product knowledge
- Computer skills
- Ability to comply to instructions and standard operating procedures
NB: This Job will involve regular lifting and carrying.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 28th April 2023