Organisation: I&M Bank Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Marketing & Corporate Communications
I&M Bank Uganda is a commercial bank headquartered at Kampala Road plot 6/6A with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers.
Job Summary: The Manager, Communications & Community Outreach Programs will handle all stakeholder communications for the bank and develop & maintain partnerships with organizations that serve low-income communities and will be responsible to promote events that engage employees in community outreach as well as raising the awareness of giving back to society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain policy and procedure guidelines to ensure ethical and transparent ways of working with external partners.
- Identify, develop, and manage relationships with non-commercial partners to ensure a mutually beneficial partnership.
- Research and identify appropriate partnerships that will lead to long term sustainable community outreach relationships.
- Review project proposals from external parties.
- Ensure that all sponsorship and partnership activities are aligned with the Bank’s strategic plan.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to identify and develop positioning for programs, partnerships, and people to significantly bolster the impact of the community outreach programs.
- Lead the evaluation of the sponsored projects to assess their success in meeting objectives and share key learnings.
- Evaluate the community outreach initiatives against industry standards, analyse results received.
Strengthening Community Engagement and Outreach Activities
- Coordinate with strategic partners, implementing partners and the community to participate in the outreach program activities.
- Guide, advise and lead the staff team members in participations of community outreach program.
- Contribute to cross-organizational learning, including providing information, guidelines, lessons learned from community outreach programs.
- Plan & promote events to engage employees and raise awareness.
- Maintain good relationships with the local communities and authorities.
- Provide information to staff on available opportunities for their engagement.
- Proactively coordinate and support the approved staff projects.
- Create and implement an annual community outreach plan and assist in the development and recommendation of the budget.
- Develop strategies and materials for communication of the community outreach and partnerships initiatives to all internal and external audiences, ensuring overall messaging is consistent across the Bank.
- Write and edit materials and otherwise promote approved partnerships and activities via the different digital channels.
- Write press releases, media pitches and blogs.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate websites and social media platforms to ensure adequate branding and visibility of the projects and identify areas for improvement.
- Partner with internal departments to enhance and expand programs, metrics, and communications.
- Provide effective communication and representation, expanded partnerships, heightened visibility for community outreach programs.
- Prepare data-driven, evidence -based periodic reports to ensure that management is equipped with necessary information for appropriate decision making.
- Plan & execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, email, advertising) that align with internal goals.
- Produce progress reports on community outreach programs in line with the Bank’s strategy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University Degree in Commerce or Business-Related Field.
- MBA or MSC in Public Relations and/ or professional qualification
- Four years of cognate experience
- Marketing Skills and Knowledge
- People Management Skills
- Knowledge of the Media Industry
- Exceptional Communications Skills – Written & Oral
- Product Development knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Branding
- Project Management Knowledge
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below. Please ensure to attach your academic credentials
Deadline: 5th May 2023 by 5:00pm