Job Title: Regional Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH/U)
Duty Station: Northern Uganda, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Food for the Hungry (FH/U) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH is currently operating programs in Asia, Latin America and Africa with support offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Sweden, United States of America and Japan. FH’s primary goal is to end all forms of poverty World-wide. In Uganda, FH is operational in the Districts of Adjumani, Kitgum, Lamwo, Kole, Kween, Mbale, Namutumba and Amudat Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and Livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located in Kampala.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Human Resource Manager, the regional Human Resource Officer is responsible for providing support to all Human Resources functions at regional level in the designated fields of operation. This will include rolling out FH’s HR Operating Policies and Procedures which covers recruitment, orientation, compensation, Payroll, Staff Insurance, Leave Management, professional development, performance management and exit management.
The regional human resource Officer will coordinate with the Program Area Managers and support office staff on the various HR functions and work closely with the team to ensure compliance with FH administrative standards and with local laws and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and On-boarding
- Staff development & Training
- HR Management (Organizational management)
- Benefits Management
- Health Insurance management
- GPA Insurance management
- Performance management
- Payroll Administration
- Reporting and Information Management/Leave Management
- Exit Management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree (B.A) in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Organization Psychology or a related field.
- A minimum of three (3) years of practical experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge and experience in HR function.
- Post graduate Diploma/ Degree is an added advantage.
- Language: Excellent spoken and written proficiency in English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by Clearly stating the position applied for in the Subject line and submitting only electronic copies in one pdf file not more than 25MB of an application letter, a detailed CV, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant testimonials/certificates, names/contact details of three referees, addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager, Food for the Hungry Uganda Email: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st April 2023 by 4:30pm