The Base Finance Officer provides finance support to the base while ensuring respect and proper implementation of finance policies and procedures at base level. S/he is responsible for cash management and bank transactions, making payments, advances and transfers, managing advances and accountabilities among other roles.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Objective 1: Cash & Bank Management:
• Responsible for finance at base level by ensuring the respect of ACF financial procedures related to cash management and bank transactions;
• To make payments, advances and transfers, ONLY if the Procurement Request and Supplier have previously been duly approved by the Field Manager;
• Make sure advances are cleared within 48 hours and no advances are outstanding at the end of the month;
• Record all the transactions in SAGA. The ledgers should be updated on a daily basis to be able to deal with cash control at any time and bank reconciliation;
• Responsible for making follow-ups on advances and transfers & keep all bills in the folder relative to the specific month;
• Ensure each transaction is justified by an appropriate invoice/receipt, and to ensure the quality of receipts (name, patent number, stamp, description, date, amount etc) included the procurement file;
• Comply with purchasing procedures upon remitting advances and inform the logistics department of purchasing procedures and of data required on the invoices.
Objective 2: Cash Projection:
• Compile the cash forecast of each department and send to Field Manager for validation;
• Ensure that there is budget for the expenses being requested;
• Ensure that only expenses included in the cash forecast are being carried out;
• Control with the Field Manager and Base Logistician that the PRs are properly filled in with correct budget codes, and are properly recorded and followed up until payment.
Objective 3: SAGA
• Ensure the good quality of SAGA: budget lines, accounting codes, project codes, descriptions…
• To submit monthly accountancy closure to Assistant Finance Co. in Kampala at the end of the month;
• Organize a checkup session of budget lines with the Program Managers;
• Send to Assistant Finance Co. the monthly saga report: saga backup, the signed cash control, list of advances outstanding, bank reconciliation, originals of all receipts attached to the procurement file. In case some documents are missing, a short explanatory note should be joined.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration /Finance/ Accounting.
• Substantial knowledge of SAGA accounting software
• Knowledge of financial and HR procedures expected.
• At least 4-5 years’ previous experience in an NGO, preferably in a similar role.
• Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equality within the work
• Ability to train and follow up teams.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Autonomous and able to take initiative.
• Able to set own deadlines and meet them.
• Fluent English;
• Professional computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, internet, and email.
Closing Date : 5th May, 2023