The Reservations Agent is responsible for greeting visitors and delivering exceptional customer service assistance when guests arrive at the office to purchase their vacation. Reservations Agent Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, email, and through a central reservation system within 24 hours and according to our standards. Creates and maintains reservation records according to the reservation’s procedures, prepares letters of confirmation, and promptly always processes any cancellations and modifications of all reservations following the correct company procedures. Additional duties may include; finalization of the itinerary for a group or tour and individual group of guest/s, preparing the list of expected group arrivals for any of our lodges and assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate according to company’s Health and Safety Standards, and processing advance reservation deposits and ensuring all guests arrive at the lodges fully paid up when needed approvals have been sought and obtained to allow for arrivals that are falling out of our normal reservations requirements. The Reservations agent may from time to time be expected to travel for business and will make use of the standard company travel policies at these times. This entails answering calls according to our Brand standards
• Answer and direct phone calls in a polite and friendly manner, as per our Brand Standards
• Maintain the reservations office area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
Processes reservations by mail, telephone or central reservation systems according to brand standards
• Processes reservations from the public, sales office, our hotels, tour companies, and travel agents.
• Takes on the full responsibility of the Duty Manager from time to time when expected to handle the 24-hour emergency support offered to all our clients and follows the job tasks expected of a duty manager.
• Drives revenue by upselling room categories and adding guest activities to the guest reservations
Schedules appropriate dates, notify the guest of the collection due dates, and processed advance deposits and payments on reservations according to company’s standards.
• Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed, send reminders to guests with adequate time to meet the reservation requirements.
• Ensures that files are kept up to date on the reservations system and shared drive
• Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area according to the workplace brand standards.
• Acts with integrity and promotes goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and fellow employees. Treating everyone as an original according to company’s values and code of ethics and following the company etiquette standards.
• Planning for clients’ travel programs by upselling our guest experiences and activities.
To be fully aware of and adhere to company’s health and safety, and fire procedures.
• Willing to undertake any reasonable request made by management in any other company areas.
• Assisting and advising customers who may be choosing from a variety of travel options available at our lodges
• Checking the availability of accommodation or transportation on the customers’ desired travel dates.
• Sorting out any issues that may arise with bookings or reservations.
• Answering any questions customers might have about the reservation process.
• Up-selling, when appropriate, by informing customers of additional services or special packages, such as tour tickets, travel insurance, or upgraded seats/accommodation.
• Providing support to customers who may need to amend or cancel a reservation.
• Keep your workspace area tidy.
• Creates guest contact records and information on the reservations system according to brand standards and maintains all databases and guest records in top shape with fully completed records
• Prepares letters of confirmation, about reservations on the Reservations system in accordance with company standards and procedures
• Communicates reservation information to guests and the lodges by means of the reservations system, not directly by email as this excludes shared viewing by departments who need to share the information.
• Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate and books these on the company reservations system. These can include boat trips, game drives, transfers, and tours.
• Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing on the system, the company share drive giving all departments access to the reservation information.
• Collects and monitors advanced deposit requirements and ensures all required guest communication is sent out according to company standards so that all guests can make the needed reservation requirements within a reasonable time.
• Understands the hotel’s policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows and applies this to reservations when needed.
• Making reservations for customers based on their various requirements and budgetary allowances.
• Helping plan travel itineraries by suggesting our lodge’s activities, attractions, and places of interest.
• Processing payments and sending confirmation details to customers.
• Releases reservations that are not in good standing according to our reservation standards.
• Following our Values, our company requires our employees to behave in a way that is aligned with our company values of Respect, Trust, Integrity, Respect, and Empowerment.
• Follow the company grooming standard
• Be Guided by the company’s Code of Ethics, we treat everyone with respect and have no discrimination within our company
• Answer and direct phone calls in a polite and friendly manner as per the company’s Etiquette brand standards.
• Welcome visitors in a warm and friendly manner and answer any questions visitors have.
• All work files are to be saved in the cloud to be free of any hardware failure, theft, or damage that may occur in real-time.
• Have available all maps to send to guests who seek directions to all properties or the office
• Have available bank accounts to send to guests who seek banking details for all properties.
• All reservation standards for Res request / Opera is followed without deviation on any bookings, except with written approval in place from management
• All work files are to be saved in the cloud so that they are free of any hardware failure, theft, or damage that may occur in real time.
• Follow the telephone handling etiquette and call handling procedures
• Determines room rates based on the guest’s origin, tour company assigned rates, corporate company assigned rates, and the selling tactics of the lodges at any given time that may have an exclusive offer in the market.
• Processes cancellations and modifications according to company cancellation policies that vary from market segment to market segment then promptly relays this information to the guest and front desk, always following company procedures
• Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
• Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all package plans.
• Know the credit policy of the company and how to process each reservation.
• Follows all ResRequest / Opera standards as per the Training Manuals.
• Company’s file management
• A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in an office environment. Previous hotel-related experience desired.
• Well-organized, friendly and polite (manners cost nothing after all)
• Able to deal with difficult clients or customers (not everyone knows the manners rule)
• Have polished communication skills and strong written and spoken English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Able to type 35 wpm minimum
• Have experience with tour series booking in the East African Market
• Strong phone skills and an elevated level of professional telephone and face-to-face etiquette
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English
• Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks without guidance
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Punctual with strong attendance history
• Experience in Hotel software and its functionalities is preferred and beneficial.
• Customer-service experience.
Closing Date : 11th May, 2023