Job Title: Quality Instrumentation Technician
Organisation: Nile Breweries Limited
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Nile Breweries Limited is a leading beverage company in Uganda and a subsidiary of SABMiller, the second largest brewing group in the world. We aim to provide for a variety of career paths and patterns of working, a good work-life balance and comprehensive employee benefits.
Job Summary: The Quality Instrumentation Technician will mainly implement, manage and execute asset care routines for the generation of Quality results, in order to optimize Quality assurance equipment reliability and availability. Maintain, calibrate, repair equipment, optimize Quality and associated Quality measurement devices to ensure equipment availability and product quality
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementation, management and execution of maintenance schedule of instruments
- Field instruments maintained and calibrated
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Measuring devices maintained and calibrated
- Record keeping, data interrogation interpretation and trend analysis
- Training, coaching and mentoring of process operators
- Development of manuals, Standard work instructions and work aids
- Supplier liaison
- Interacts daily with the production teams to resolve quality equipment related issues
- Assists in the implementation of plant and process improvement projects
- Standby duties, be available for Call out when required
- Carry out specialized maintenance work on quality equipment including calibration and component replacement
- Ensures availability of specified critical spares and recommendations on maintenance regimes.
- Verification/validation/Qualification of quality equipment operation.
- Uses COSWIN and other systems and reports as appropriate to analyze information from process capability relating to quality equipment.
- COSWIN maintenance schedules management compliance
- Develop and maintain equipment performance report.
- Supports development of training material and coaches operational teams to ensure optimal operation of quality equipment
- Provides specialist subject matter expertise and diagnostic skills in problem solving.
- Provides expert information to assist in compilation of maintenance budgets(including spares stock holding)
- Continuously improves technical competence in order to ensure the latest thinking on operating and maintaining the quality equipment is applied
- Communicate effectively in teams
- Contribute to self and team development
- Apply 5S standards and practices in the workplace
- Operate and control the process according to SOP’s
- Participate in and coach autonomous operations
- Support quality at source
- Improve personal competence and flexibility
- Utilize loss & waste and short interval control to identify problems
- Apply problem solving techniques to resolve situational problems
- Comply with safety, health and environmental procedures and legislation Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least hold a Higher Diploma in electrical/ electronics engineering or related course from a recognised institution
- BSc in electrical engineering from a recognized University
- One to two years of experience in manufacturing environment
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the above specifications should apply at the link below.
Deadline: 2nd May 2023