Job Title: Sales Officer – MICE
Organisation: Uganda Tourism Board (UTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) is a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008 with the following Statutory Objectives:
- To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda.
- To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
- To carry out any other activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the two objectives specified above.
Job Summary: The Sales Officer – MICE is responsible for the organization, delivery, follow-up, research and update tourism information and initiate, organize, implement and participate in Travel Trade marketplaces and consumer promotions, media tours and industry familiarization trips.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and assist with the delivery of the Strategic Tourism Marketing
- Experience and Destination Development Plan.
- Conceptualize, plan and develop new and innovative tourism marketing programs to ensure that ensure UTB objectives are met.
- Innovativeness to create and conceptualize new processes, ideas and services and to respond to existing challenges in different ways in order to remain competitive and enhance efficiency.
- Organize a calendar of marketing events, such as promotions, exhibitions, product launches, workshops, open days.
- Organize and align all the campaigns with the work plan and budget.
- Analyse the impact of marketing campaigns and prepare measurement reports.
- Provide support on the identified domestic campaigns with the different stakeholders in the industry.
- Educate and create awareness of Domestic Tourism, tourism products and related services.
Key Performance Indicators
- Marketing Strategy Developed and Implemented.
- Develop an absorption strategy for activities undertaken.
- Highlight the return on investment on events, expos and activities undertaken.
- Reporting on activities undertaken 4 days after the event is done.
- Updated Expo participation Guidelines.
- Updated CRM system is place.
- Market pointers framework for research is assigned tourism source markets.
- Annual assessment reports on assigned source markets.
- Updated destination training kit for each source market.
- Tourism Arrival Statistics on each assigned source market on a quarterly basis.
- Timely performance reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Market pointer reports
- M&E reports on travel and satisfaction.
- Database base of travel and media trade.
- Calendar of events (internal and external) published timely.
- Strategic documents developed/reviewed and implemented.
- Digital Strategy Developed and Implemented.
- Standard Operating Procedures for the function in place.
- Monthly risk logs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honour’s Bachelor’s Degree in either Tourism, Marketing, B.Com (Marketing), BBA (Marketing) from a reputable institution.
- At least three (3) years’ relevant experience in the tourism sector and/or in the promotion, marketing and facilitation of tourism at national, regional and international levels.
- Ability to lead and/or participate in the formulation and development of tourism marketing strategies, plans and programs.
- Proven ability to develop strategic linkages, partnerships and networks with Government Agencies, private sector actors, and Development Partners.
- Ability to constantly scan the tourism sector in order to identify opportunities or address emerging situations for the benefit of stakeholders.
- Business intelligence and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Project management and implementation skills.
- Research/ Knowledge Management.
- Thoroughness/ Concern of Excellence.
- Result Orientation.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Personal Integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a team setting.
How to Apply:
All interested and eligible Ugandans who meet the above requirements are invited to apply. Applications should include a detailed CV (with email, telephone contact and postal address), plus certified copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, testimonials, past appointments copy of national identity card, contact details (telephone, postal and email addresses) of three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below:
Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Tourism Board,
Plot 42, Rotary Avenue (Lugogo Bypass),
6th Floor Lugogo House,
P.O. BOX 7211 KAMPALA
TEL. +256 414 342196/7 Fax +256 414 342 188
NB: UTB is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and any form of canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: 5th May, 2023