Job Title: Warehouse and Stock Controller
Organisation: Jolems Investments Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jolems Investment Limited located in Kampala Uganda is a company limited by shares that was established to acquire, manage office, trading stations, factories, shops and depots among which include production of oral and food products.
Job Summary: We are looking for a Warehouse and Stock controller to manage our warehouse, inventory, and purchase merchandise based on our company’s needs. The core objectives are to maintenance of the warehouse and stock control activities of the company with responsibility for the supervision of day to day activities of the team. The Warehouse and Stock controller responsibilities include overseeing the warehouses, tracking shipments, overseeing inventory audits, and maintaining reports of purchases and pricing. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with, warehouse management, and supply chain procedures and have good communication skills to interact with vendors, clients, and internal teams. Ultimately, you will increase profitability and effectiveness by maintaining optimal stock levels of quality products at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement plans for warehouse and stock control activities
- Undertake fleet management and control
- support to all other departments with warehouse, stock control, and related issues
- Undertake asset Management and Tracking.
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS)
- Enter purchase details (vendors information, invoices, and pricing) into internal databases
- Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed
- Track shipments and address any delays
- Oversee the storage of products, particularly fragile items
- Evaluate suppliers’ offers and negotiate profitable deals
- Coordinate regular inventory audits
- Liaise with stores staff and other internal teams to test products’ quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions)
- Keep updated inventory records (including daily shipments)
- Ensure purchases do not exceed the budget.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a warehouse and Stock Controller, Inventory Manager or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ErpNext)
- Active participation in inventory audits
- Excellent organization skills
- Good communication and negotiation abilities
How to Apply:
Deadline: 5th May 2023