Job Title: Service Officer – Ecobank Business Services
Organisation: Ecobank Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ecobank Uganda Limited is the leading commercial bank offering wholesale, retail, transaction banking services and products to individuals, governments, financial institutions, multinationals, international organizations, medium and small enterprises.
Job Summary: The Service Officer – Ecobank Business Services will be tasked with implementing EBS Policy guidance on Realty, Property Projects and refurbishments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver cost effective projects so as to achieve departmental, functional, and organizational strategic objectives
- Provide guide to Management/Stakeholders on the cost benefit analysis of projects.
- Manage and monitor project finance and cash-flow and maintain financial controls.
- Liaise with finance to capitalize capital project expense in a timely manner so as to commence depreciation
- Proactive performance management off external consultants, development contractors and vendor / suppliers
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans
- Manage and monitor lease renewals and rent escalations.
- Provide accurate data on statutory obligations.
- Maintain an Update Property Database for the affiliate.
- Build and sustain strong tenants – landlords’ relationship vital to the success of the business
- Liaising with Statutory Bodies and Government agencies to ensure compliance of statutory obligations.
- Budget and monitor expenditure to achieve financial targets.
- Advise on all risks associated with each of the Ecobank property in the affiliate and provide an action plan to remedy/minimize the risk.
- Ensure that all Ecobank buildings are safe for use / occupation in the affiliate.
- Exploring, identifying and tracking areas of EBS savings.
- Achieving efficiency targets for building utilisation and density of occupation.
- Ensure timely reporting on all leases, valuation, and cost information on all Properties from the affiliate.
- Identify and mitigate operational risks .
- Any other duties that will be assigned by Group Manager – Realty Services and Country EBS Head from time to time.
- Ensure that the buildings in the affiliate are Clean and safe for use / occupation.
- Effective planned preventative maintenance schedule be put in place for the affiliate.
- Advise on all risks associated with each of the buildings in the affiliate and provide an action plan to remedy / minimize the risk.
- Lease Management and administration
- Ensure that building rental paid are below the market price.
- Management of Assets and Asset Tagging.
- Monitor contractors’ delivery in the execution of works.
- Build business relationship internal and external workers
- Review and recommend creative ways off effectively managing facilities to reduce costs.
- Manage the Facilities Management budget to ensure that we are operating effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure proper safe keeping of records/archives.
- Managing Physical Security to ensure that the buildings in the affiliates are safe.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Property Discipline preferably in Architecture or Building Technology.
- Project Management knowledge.
- At least three years of post-qualification experience
- Professional affiliation to any recognized professional body will be an advantage.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Good team player.
- High customer focus
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communicator
- Strong negotiation Skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their application letters and updated CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: 20th May 2023