To guarantee financial excellence at the brewery, implement stringent controls, foster accountability. Ensure the reliability of cost accounting key figures and/or P/L reporting for the brewery. Additionally, prioritize operational discipline, enhance visibility and predictability for price and performance in advance of month-end closing.
• Oversight of the plant’s closing cycle, ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the results including transfer price, VIC/VLC, ZBB and plant asset booking.
• Ensure first time right postings, Avoid accounting errors and postings of manual journals.
• Assume responsibility for managing plant inventory and capital expenditure (CAPEX). This involves ensuring compliance with booking procedures, onsite management, and reviewing internal process compliance. The primary goal is to ensure that asset bookings conform to PRC and IFRS standards, asset management processes align with internal control policies, and relevant processes operate as efficiently as possible.
Controls and Compliance
• Serve as the first line of defense and oversee the execution of controls as defined by Internal Control.
• Ensuring that the brewery’s assigned controls accurately reflect the reality of the processes. This includes reviewing the PR-GR cycle, co-product lifecycle, and returnable package management.
• Oversee both internal and external tax reporting for the plant. Work closely with the tax team to ensure timely completion of tax filings, respond to inquiries, and meet tax inspection requirements mandated by the local authority.
Forecasting & Planning
• Support brewery operations, Zone Financial Planning and PPM teams on the forecast by providing inputs for LE & 1 YP
• Analyze costs, variances on yields and consumptions
• Reasonability/accuracy of accruals
• Reconciliation of utility costs (water, electricity, effluent) between internal and municipal readings & ensure accuracy of the accrual
• GRN Compliance (Open PO Management, UOM receipting accuracy)
• Review and understanding of the reallocation journals at the plant. Root cause analysis and process improvement to reduce number of journals.
• Approve journals and ensure DAG compliance
• Co-products – Ensuring that its accurately accounted for (Invoicing completeness, sundry debtor aging)
• Returnable packaging – Accurate Accounting + Controls
• MBFU recharge reconciliation (Missing, broken, foreign, unwashable glass)
• Ensure Inventory management compliance of FG’s, RM and Spare Parts
• Stock count controls (Quarterly stock count review, reconciliation and ensure that differences are posted) Monthly Review & Quarterly attendance
• Stock movements analysis and investigate anomalies
• Ensuring capitalization is captured correctly
• Validation of Capitalization to the plant
• Physical verification of assets
• Impairments (identify, and request bookings)
• ZBB and UPP policy compliance
• Invoicing Management and the full scope of internal and external tax reporting for the plant.
• Excise validation – calculated and shared by the BSC. SARS/RA POC at the plant
• Excise rebate liaison with RA and ensuring the decanting certificate is issued.
• Collaborate closely with the Business Control Center (BCC) tax team to complete tax filings, respond to inquiries, and meet tax inspection requirements from the local authority.
• Maintain a network among HQ tax, BCC tax, tax compliance, planning, and all other tax-related routines.
Financial Planning & Analysis
• Support the Financial Planning and PPM teams on the forecast by providing inputs for LE & 1 year plan
• Bachelor or Master in Business, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or CA
• 2 to 3 + years, in industry context
• Knowledge of SAP/Syspro, Business Warehouse, Anaplan is a plus
• Previous controlling experience ( preferably site manufacturing )
• Working knowledge of Accounting
• Strong leadership skills
• Good communicator and the ability to work with financial and non-financial collaborators
• Good analytical skills
• Ability to synthesize complex issues into actionable activities
• Capacity to anticipate future trends and developments
Closing Date : 27th November, 2023