The Commercial Analyst shall be responsible for leading market research & analysis; commercial performance analysis and driving profitability as well as identifying key customer trends that can be monetized to drive value for the organization in terms of revenue generation and customer retention.
He will generate reports that add valuable insights to the commercial performance and direction; sales analysis & data compilation and driving a data-driven approach to decision making within the business.
Commercial Performance Management
• Selecting, monitoring, and reporting on KPIs, improving business processes, and driving continuous improvement.
• Helping the business to meet its commercial objectives using data
Commercial Analytics & Reporting
• Conduct data analysis. This entails data curation, summary statistics, exploratory analysis, and other analyses to drive optimization, product improvement, product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
• Reporting/Data visualization and Automation: Develop reports, dashboards, and other data solutions in Excel. Partner with the Data team to develop solutions as required within Looker Studio and Power BI.
Requirements gathering. Develop user stories and wireframes that address all user requirements.
• Work with users to address gaps in data utilization and provide support to address user needs/ queries.
Fulfill data requests from the commercial, customer experience and marketing functions.
• Collecting, analyzing, and disseminating market intelligence information to support business decisions.
• Monitoring industry trends, competitor activity, and customer insights to provide actionable recommendations to key stakeholders.
Developing and maintaining databases, reports, and dashboards for market analysis.
• Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their data needs, identify opportunities to leverage data to solve business problems, and provide recommendations to improve business performance.
• Provide data-driven insights and support to help drive strategic decision-making and business growth. The decisions will revolve around supplier management, profitability, revenue growth, discounts, targets etc.
• Stakeholder alignment: Support the development and implementation of the growth strategy per business unit.
Minimum Requirements & Key Skills:
• A minimum of six (6) years working experience as a Data Analyst or Business/Commercial Data Analyst;
• BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Business
• A professional qualification in related field is an added advantage;
• Work with and interpret data models and segmentation techniques;
• Strong knowledge of and experience working with Excel (including business models, cost benefit analysis, automated reporting tools, VBA is a plus)
• Experience with Databases & SQL Preferred
• Experience working with advanced analytics tools including Python and R is a plus.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills and driving stakeholder engagement on issue resolution.
• Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
• Solid knowledge of the business operations and finance around commercial activities;
• Experience in economic impact assessment modeling is preferred;
• Demonstrable skills in data analysis and data interpretation.
Competencies & Skills
• Analytical Thinking;
• Commercial Acumen;
• Attention to Detail;
• Stakeholder Management;
• Problem Solving Skills;
• Tech Savvy.
• Understanding of entire business profitability from top line to EBITDA level to be able to optimize the business for profitability.
Closing Date : 27th November, 2023